Aug 25, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
Wilson was placed on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to August 16 with inflammation in his right elbow. He’s eligible to return to the major leagues on August 31, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy provided no indication Thursday evening as to whether the fiery closer will be activated on that date.
Wilson, 29, has registered a decent 3.19 ERA and 52/31 K/BB ratio through 53 2/3 innings this season, converting 35-of-40 save opportunities. The Giants have been using a commitee at closer in his absence.
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 1
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 78
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 10
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)