Aug 25, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
Wilson was placed on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to August 16 with inflammation in his right elbow. He’s eligible to return to the major leagues on August 31, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy provided no indication Thursday evening as to whether the fiery closer will be activated on that date.
Wilson, 29, has registered a decent 3.19 ERA and 52/31 K/BB ratio through 53 2/3 innings this season, converting 35-of-40 save opportunities. The Giants have been using a commitee at closer in his absence.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (120)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)