Aug 25, 2011, 10:28 PM EST
Wilson was placed on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to August 16 with inflammation in his right elbow. He’s eligible to return to the major leagues on August 31, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy provided no indication Thursday evening as to whether the fiery closer will be activated on that date.
Wilson, 29, has registered a decent 3.19 ERA and 52/31 K/BB ratio through 53 2/3 innings this season, converting 35-of-40 save opportunities. The Giants have been using a commitee at closer in his absence.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)