Aug 25, 2011, 10:28 PM EST
Wilson was placed on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to August 16 with inflammation in his right elbow. He’s eligible to return to the major leagues on August 31, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy provided no indication Thursday evening as to whether the fiery closer will be activated on that date.
Wilson, 29, has registered a decent 3.19 ERA and 52/31 K/BB ratio through 53 2/3 innings this season, converting 35-of-40 save opportunities. The Giants have been using a commitee at closer in his absence.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)