Aug 25, 2011, 10:28 PM EDT
Wilson was placed on the 15-day disabled list retroactive to August 16 with inflammation in his right elbow. He’s eligible to return to the major leagues on August 31, but Giants manager Bruce Bochy provided no indication Thursday evening as to whether the fiery closer will be activated on that date.
Wilson, 29, has registered a decent 3.19 ERA and 52/31 K/BB ratio through 53 2/3 innings this season, converting 35-of-40 save opportunities. The Giants have been using a commitee at closer in his absence.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 3
- MLBPA files grievance against Astros in regard to draft pick situation 23
- The eyes have it: Thomas’ greatness built on patience 13
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams 183
- Mariners re-acquire Kendrys Morales from Twins for Stephen Pryor 21
- A’s designate $10 million reliever Jim Johnson for assignment 35
- Everything you need to know about next week’s trade deadline 35
- Impending free agent Jon Lester won’t talk contract with the Red Sox until after the season 19
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (185)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (162)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)