Herb, Youk and the Biz

Aug 25, 2011, 3:33 PM EDT

Biz

I’m not sure who debases themselves more in this commercial: the car dealer guy, Kevin Youkilis or the Diabolical Biz Markie.

I’m going with the auto dealer, actually.

1. Chris Fiorentino - Aug 25, 2011 at 3:39 PM

Being that Youk is probably the richest person in the commercial, he doesn’t need to be doing dumb crap like that. Therefore, I put him at the top of the debasement list.

2. Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 25, 2011 at 3:40 PM

Herb Chambers is what Snoop calls his living room. This commercial is somethin’ turribull.

3. mithrophon - Aug 25, 2011 at 3:48 PM

You knew that once he started doing “Biz’s Beat of the Day” on Yo Gabba Gabba, anything was possible….

4. kopy - Aug 25, 2011 at 4:02 PM

Does this have anything to do with Red Sox fans singing Bizmarkie during Youkilis at-bats earlier this year? Or is this just a huge coincidence?

• Chris Fiorentino - Aug 25, 2011 at 4:12 PM

I thought it was just because he was Youk…but now that you mention it, I wonder if this is why they were singing it. Is this a commercial that is shown a lot in Boston during games???

• crispybasil - Aug 25, 2011 at 4:23 PM

• ballou0254 - Aug 25, 2011 at 4:24 PM

I’m almost sure that the fans who chanted it originally paved the way and herb chambers kinda stole the idea and ran with it

• shaggylocks - Aug 25, 2011 at 4:31 PM

This song is Youk’s at-bat music.

5. halladaysbiceps - Aug 25, 2011 at 4:07 PM

I just wanted to state something, and it has nothing to do with this post. Craig Calcaterra, D.J. Short, Aaron Gleeman and Matt Pouliot make this site the finest baseball post/site that I have ever read. I love the fact that we have a limited amount of commenters on this site, as opposed to a site like ESPN, which has a bunch of posters (3000+ per thread) that talk no baseball but just talk crap. Sure, us Phillies fans like to have fun with the talking crap angle. But, we usually just talk baseball.

Craig, D.J., Aaron and Matt, we love it. Keep the post coming!

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 25, 2011 at 5:19 PM

Cheers mate. Agreed all around.

6. cleverbob - Aug 25, 2011 at 4:20 PM

Youk has girly fingers…

• shaggylocks - Aug 25, 2011 at 4:32 PM

And yet, somehow, he’s a monster on the diamond. Oh, the eternal mysteries…

7. The Rabbit - Aug 25, 2011 at 5:11 PM

This ad is CLIO material compared to the one that LaRussa does.

8. adeedothatswho - Aug 25, 2011 at 10:38 PM

I love the Sox, and I LOVE the Biz, but this commercial hurt….my insides….

9. theskinsman - Aug 26, 2011 at 5:10 AM

It was kinda funny, but why didn’t Sabathia get credit for making the commercial really funny?

1. H. Pence (2162)