Aug 25, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
He’s been out since August 8 with a strained triceps and Rafael Betancourt has been flawless as the fill-in closer, but the Rockies figure to hand ninth-inning duties back to Street. He had a 4.06 ERA before the injury, serving up 10 homers in 51 innings, but did convert 29 saves in 32 chances.
Setup man Matt Lindstrom is also close to returning from a nerve injury in his arm, so the Rockies bullpen may soon be at something resembling full strength as they try to claw back to .500.
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 3
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 81
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 59
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 27
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (87)