Aug 25, 2011, 4:12 PM EST
He’s been out since August 8 with a strained triceps and Rafael Betancourt has been flawless as the fill-in closer, but the Rockies figure to hand ninth-inning duties back to Street. He had a 4.06 ERA before the injury, serving up 10 homers in 51 innings, but did convert 29 saves in 32 chances.
Setup man Matt Lindstrom is also close to returning from a nerve injury in his arm, so the Rockies bullpen may soon be at something resembling full strength as they try to claw back to .500.
- Recapping the Winter Meetings and looking ahead to the rest of the offseason 0
- Could baseball return to Montreal? 33
- Report: Rockies nearing a multi-year deal with Boone Logan 4
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 29
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (134)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)