Aug 25, 2011, 4:12 PM EST
He’s been out since August 8 with a strained triceps and Rafael Betancourt has been flawless as the fill-in closer, but the Rockies figure to hand ninth-inning duties back to Street. He had a 4.06 ERA before the injury, serving up 10 homers in 51 innings, but did convert 29 saves in 32 chances.
Setup man Matt Lindstrom is also close to returning from a nerve injury in his arm, so the Rockies bullpen may soon be at something resembling full strength as they try to claw back to .500.
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 9
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 60
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 58
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 46
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)