Aug 25, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
He’s been out since August 8 with a strained triceps and Rafael Betancourt has been flawless as the fill-in closer, but the Rockies figure to hand ninth-inning duties back to Street. He had a 4.06 ERA before the injury, serving up 10 homers in 51 innings, but did convert 29 saves in 32 chances.
Setup man Matt Lindstrom is also close to returning from a nerve injury in his arm, so the Rockies bullpen may soon be at something resembling full strength as they try to claw back to .500.
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 62
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 41
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 9
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- Clayton Kershaw blanks the Angels over eight innings, runs consecutive scoreless innings streak to 37 20
- Clayton Kershaw and Mike Trout make MLB history in Saturday’s matchup 14
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)