Aug 25, 2011, 4:12 PM EDT
He’s been out since August 8 with a strained triceps and Rafael Betancourt has been flawless as the fill-in closer, but the Rockies figure to hand ninth-inning duties back to Street. He had a 4.06 ERA before the injury, serving up 10 homers in 51 innings, but did convert 29 saves in 32 chances.
Setup man Matt Lindstrom is also close to returning from a nerve injury in his arm, so the Rockies bullpen may soon be at something resembling full strength as they try to claw back to .500.
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 21
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 38
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 21
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 9
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 29
- Giants acquire Jake Peavy from Red Sox 55
- Maximum stay on Hall of Fame ballot changed from 15 to 10 years 66
- Jon Lester is willing to return to the Red Sox as a free agent even if they trade him 32
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (164)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)