Aug 25, 2011, 5:30 PM EST
Some cruise company is offering cruises with various baseball greats this fall. Or in some cases near-greats, but they’re all better than you. They all take place between November and March. Here are the offerings:
- A seven-night Western Caribbean cruise Ferguson Jenkins, Glenn Beckert, Frank Howard and Bill Russell;
- A 10-night Western Caribbean cruise with Tommy Davis, Amos Otis, Jack Billingham and Dave Campbell;
- A seven-night Western Caribbean with Ken Griffey, Sr., Jim Fregosi, Darold Knowles), “and another player to be named”;
- A seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise with Vida Blue, Randy Hundley, Jessie Barfield, Cookie Rojas, “and another player to be named”; and
- A seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise with Gorman Thomas, John Lieber, Tony Taylor and Ken Berry.
I’d probably pick one of the cruises with the “player to be named later” because, you know, mystery. That is, unless the last one is the Ken Berry from “F-Troop” and “Mama’s Family” as opposed to the former White Sox outfielder.
Set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance.
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 38
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (77)