Aug 25, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Some cruise company is offering cruises with various baseball greats this fall. Or in some cases near-greats, but they’re all better than you. They all take place between November and March. Here are the offerings:
- A seven-night Western Caribbean cruise Ferguson Jenkins, Glenn Beckert, Frank Howard and Bill Russell;
- A 10-night Western Caribbean cruise with Tommy Davis, Amos Otis, Jack Billingham and Dave Campbell;
- A seven-night Western Caribbean with Ken Griffey, Sr., Jim Fregosi, Darold Knowles), “and another player to be named”;
- A seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise with Vida Blue, Randy Hundley, Jessie Barfield, Cookie Rojas, “and another player to be named”; and
- A seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise with Gorman Thomas, John Lieber, Tony Taylor and Ken Berry.
I’d probably pick one of the cruises with the “player to be named later” because, you know, mystery. That is, unless the last one is the Ken Berry from “F-Troop” and “Mama’s Family” as opposed to the former White Sox outfielder.
Set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance.
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 23
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- Marlins jump in Clevelander pool after snapping losing streak 22
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 19
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 38
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 6
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 23
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)