Aug 25, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Some cruise company is offering cruises with various baseball greats this fall. Or in some cases near-greats, but they’re all better than you. They all take place between November and March. Here are the offerings:
- A seven-night Western Caribbean cruise Ferguson Jenkins, Glenn Beckert, Frank Howard and Bill Russell;
- A 10-night Western Caribbean cruise with Tommy Davis, Amos Otis, Jack Billingham and Dave Campbell;
- A seven-night Western Caribbean with Ken Griffey, Sr., Jim Fregosi, Darold Knowles), “and another player to be named”;
- A seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise with Vida Blue, Randy Hundley, Jessie Barfield, Cookie Rojas, “and another player to be named”; and
- A seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise with Gorman Thomas, John Lieber, Tony Taylor and Ken Berry.
I’d probably pick one of the cruises with the “player to be named later” because, you know, mystery. That is, unless the last one is the Ken Berry from “F-Troop” and “Mama’s Family” as opposed to the former White Sox outfielder.
Set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance.
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 8
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 14
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 74
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 52
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 54
- Today is the day: Marlins ace Jose Fernandez returns from Tommy John surgery 4
- A-Rod, the Yankees and the union in talks to direct his $6 million home run bonus to charity 29
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (77)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)