Aug 25, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Some cruise company is offering cruises with various baseball greats this fall. Or in some cases near-greats, but they’re all better than you. They all take place between November and March. Here are the offerings:
- A seven-night Western Caribbean cruise Ferguson Jenkins, Glenn Beckert, Frank Howard and Bill Russell;
- A 10-night Western Caribbean cruise with Tommy Davis, Amos Otis, Jack Billingham and Dave Campbell;
- A seven-night Western Caribbean with Ken Griffey, Sr., Jim Fregosi, Darold Knowles), “and another player to be named”;
- A seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise with Vida Blue, Randy Hundley, Jessie Barfield, Cookie Rojas, “and another player to be named”; and
- A seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise with Gorman Thomas, John Lieber, Tony Taylor and Ken Berry.
I’d probably pick one of the cruises with the “player to be named later” because, you know, mystery. That is, unless the last one is the Ken Berry from “F-Troop” and “Mama’s Family” as opposed to the former White Sox outfielder.
Set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance.
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 42
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 48
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Video: Rusney Castillo notches his first major league hit 6
- Michael Wacha cleared to return Saturday vs. Reds 2
- Marlins officially shut down Giancarlo Stanton for the season 6
- Umpire Joe West suspended for one game for his part in the Jonathan Papelbon incident 57
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 83
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (89)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)