Aug 25, 2011, 5:30 PM EDT
Some cruise company is offering cruises with various baseball greats this fall. Or in some cases near-greats, but they’re all better than you. They all take place between November and March. Here are the offerings:
- A seven-night Western Caribbean cruise Ferguson Jenkins, Glenn Beckert, Frank Howard and Bill Russell;
- A 10-night Western Caribbean cruise with Tommy Davis, Amos Otis, Jack Billingham and Dave Campbell;
- A seven-night Western Caribbean with Ken Griffey, Sr., Jim Fregosi, Darold Knowles), “and another player to be named”;
- A seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise with Vida Blue, Randy Hundley, Jessie Barfield, Cookie Rojas, “and another player to be named”; and
- A seven-night Eastern Caribbean cruise with Gorman Thomas, John Lieber, Tony Taylor and Ken Berry.
I’d probably pick one of the cruises with the “player to be named later” because, you know, mystery. That is, unless the last one is the Ken Berry from “F-Troop” and “Mama’s Family” as opposed to the former White Sox outfielder.
Set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance.
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 13
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 51
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 52
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 45
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 17
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- A’s acquire veteran slugger Adam Dunn from the White Sox 54
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 18
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)