Aug 25, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
The first 10,000 people at Wrigley Field for today’s Cubs-Braves game are getting this cap. Hurm.
The Cubs have never worn a cap like that as far as I can tell. In 1931 and 1932 they wore an all-red cap at times. From the mid-90s until 2008 or so they wore a blue cap with a red brim. But, nothing I could find has them in a red cap with a blue brim.
Getting worked up over a free giveaway cap is about the most silly thing ever but, eh. I don’t like it on an aesthetic level. Is there some other significance to the red Cubs cap I’m not getting?
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 2
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 56
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 12
- Don Mattingly may be uttering his last words as Dodgers manager 48
- Jaime Garcia needs shoulder surgery 9
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (110)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Live Extra: Watch NHL Live postgame show
- LIVE: Heat host Pacers in Game 1 of East finals
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger