Aug 25, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
The first 10,000 people at Wrigley Field for today’s Cubs-Braves game are getting this cap. Hurm.
The Cubs have never worn a cap like that as far as I can tell. In 1931 and 1932 they wore an all-red cap at times. From the mid-90s until 2008 or so they wore a blue cap with a red brim. But, nothing I could find has them in a red cap with a blue brim.
Getting worked up over a free giveaway cap is about the most silly thing ever but, eh. I don’t like it on an aesthetic level. Is there some other significance to the red Cubs cap I’m not getting?
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 41
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 69
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 37
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 48
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 28
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)