Aug 25, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
The first 10,000 people at Wrigley Field for today’s Cubs-Braves game are getting this cap. Hurm.
The Cubs have never worn a cap like that as far as I can tell. In 1931 and 1932 they wore an all-red cap at times. From the mid-90s until 2008 or so they wore a blue cap with a red brim. But, nothing I could find has them in a red cap with a blue brim.
Getting worked up over a free giveaway cap is about the most silly thing ever but, eh. I don’t like it on an aesthetic level. Is there some other significance to the red Cubs cap I’m not getting?
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 24
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 85
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 15
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 118
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (85)