Aug 25, 2011, 2:01 PM EDT
The first 10,000 people at Wrigley Field for today’s Cubs-Braves game are getting this cap. Hurm.
The Cubs have never worn a cap like that as far as I can tell. In 1931 and 1932 they wore an all-red cap at times. From the mid-90s until 2008 or so they wore a blue cap with a red brim. But, nothing I could find has them in a red cap with a blue brim.
Getting worked up over a free giveaway cap is about the most silly thing ever but, eh. I don’t like it on an aesthetic level. Is there some other significance to the red Cubs cap I’m not getting?
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 15
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17