Aug 25, 2011, 2:01 PM EST
The first 10,000 people at Wrigley Field for today’s Cubs-Braves game are getting this cap. Hurm.
The Cubs have never worn a cap like that as far as I can tell. In 1931 and 1932 they wore an all-red cap at times. From the mid-90s until 2008 or so they wore a blue cap with a red brim. But, nothing I could find has them in a red cap with a blue brim.
Getting worked up over a free giveaway cap is about the most silly thing ever but, eh. I don’t like it on an aesthetic level. Is there some other significance to the red Cubs cap I’m not getting?
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 2
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 34
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 120
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 34
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (120)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)