Aug 25, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that Hanson has already had two MRI exams, with the first one leading to a disabled list stint and cortisone shot while the second one led to his current inflammation diagnosis.
According to manager Fredi Gonzalez the Braves’ training staff still thinks that diagnosis is accurate, but he’s no longer slated to make a minor-league rehab start this weekend and clearly isn’t close to rejoining the Braves’ rotation three weeks after allowing seven runs in his last outing.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 9
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 118
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 78
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (119)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (85)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (79)