Aug 25, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that Hanson has already had two MRI exams, with the first one leading to a disabled list stint and cortisone shot while the second one led to his current inflammation diagnosis.
According to manager Fredi Gonzalez the Braves’ training staff still thinks that diagnosis is accurate, but he’s no longer slated to make a minor-league rehab start this weekend and clearly isn’t close to rejoining the Braves’ rotation three weeks after allowing seven runs in his last outing.
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 28
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 59
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 24
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 113
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 31
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 106
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 83
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (281)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (113)