Aug 25, 2011, 5:17 PM EDT
David O’Brien of the Atlanta Journal Constitution reports that Hanson has already had two MRI exams, with the first one leading to a disabled list stint and cortisone shot while the second one led to his current inflammation diagnosis.
According to manager Fredi Gonzalez the Braves’ training staff still thinks that diagnosis is accurate, but he’s no longer slated to make a minor-league rehab start this weekend and clearly isn’t close to rejoining the Braves’ rotation three weeks after allowing seven runs in his last outing.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17