Aug 26, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
MLB is not at all happy with A-Rod over this stuff. No word on whether part of that unhappiness has anything to do with his presence at Mohegan Sun somehow interfering with Major League Baseball’s extensive advertising relationship with Mohegan Sun. Awwwwwk-ward!
I’m willing to bet all of the canned goods on New York bodega shelves in advance of this hurricane that A-Rod gets no discipline out of this. I’d make the same bet even if they hadn’t already been looted bare.
Update: Rodriguez was quoted afterwards as saying that the two-hour meeting “went well.”
“They asked questions and I answered them,” he said. “I’ll let them review it, chew on it and then let them come back to us.”
Rodriguez also indicated that he denied much of what has been written about his participation in underground poker games.
“All the lies, you just can’t put up with that kind of stuff,” he said. “You just want facts and you always want to be treated fairly and I think I have been.”
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 62
- Jose Reyes is on track to be activated Friday 8
- Dustin Pedroia given cortisone injection for sore left wrist, aiming to return Wednesday 1
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists 215
- John Farrell to get fined for being critical of instant replay 53
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (215)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (129)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- We don’t need to celebrate Barry Bonds, but we should avoid whitewashing baseball history (122)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)