Aug 26, 2011, 5:45 PM EST
MLB is not at all happy with A-Rod over this stuff. No word on whether part of that unhappiness has anything to do with his presence at Mohegan Sun somehow interfering with Major League Baseball’s extensive advertising relationship with Mohegan Sun. Awwwwwk-ward!
I’m willing to bet all of the canned goods on New York bodega shelves in advance of this hurricane that A-Rod gets no discipline out of this. I’d make the same bet even if they hadn’t already been looted bare.
Update: Rodriguez was quoted afterwards as saying that the two-hour meeting “went well.”
“They asked questions and I answered them,” he said. “I’ll let them review it, chew on it and then let them come back to us.”
Rodriguez also indicated that he denied much of what has been written about his participation in underground poker games.
“All the lies, you just can’t put up with that kind of stuff,” he said. “You just want facts and you always want to be treated fairly and I think I have been.”
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 37
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 34
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 163
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 34
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (163)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (78)