Aug 26, 2011, 5:45 PM EDT
MLB is not at all happy with A-Rod over this stuff. No word on whether part of that unhappiness has anything to do with his presence at Mohegan Sun somehow interfering with Major League Baseball’s extensive advertising relationship with Mohegan Sun. Awwwwwk-ward!
I’m willing to bet all of the canned goods on New York bodega shelves in advance of this hurricane that A-Rod gets no discipline out of this. I’d make the same bet even if they hadn’t already been looted bare.
Update: Rodriguez was quoted afterwards as saying that the two-hour meeting “went well.”
“They asked questions and I answered them,” he said. “I’ll let them review it, chew on it and then let them come back to us.”
Rodriguez also indicated that he denied much of what has been written about his participation in underground poker games.
“All the lies, you just can’t put up with that kind of stuff,” he said. “You just want facts and you always want to be treated fairly and I think I have been.”
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 64
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 11
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 46
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- 2015 Preview: Pittsburgh Pirates 13
- 2015 Preview: San Diego Padres 22
- MLB is looking into some strange gambling tweets involving Marlins pitcher Jarred Cosart 47
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras (76)
- Andrew McCutchen cut his hair for the first time in eight years (75)