Aug 26, 2011, 10:19 PM EDT
Beltre has been on the disabled list since late July with a left hamstring strain. He hit a setback a few weeks ago while trying to run the bases, but he’s back on track now and should return to the major league lineup by the end of next week.
Beltre, 32, is batting .276 with a weak .318 on-base percentage this year, but he’s slugged .505 and boasts 20 home runs in 100 games played. Micheal Young has filled in at the hot corner for most of August.
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 2
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 2
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 10
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 25
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 11
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 80
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 100
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (118)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (101)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)