Aug 26, 2011, 10:19 PM EDT
Beltre has been on the disabled list since late July with a left hamstring strain. He hit a setback a few weeks ago while trying to run the bases, but he’s back on track now and should return to the major league lineup by the end of next week.
Beltre, 32, is batting .276 with a weak .318 on-base percentage this year, but he’s slugged .505 and boasts 20 home runs in 100 games played. Micheal Young has filled in at the hot corner for most of August.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 7
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 43
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 24
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 58
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)