Aug 26, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
The Blue Jays and Dewayne Wise just can’t quit one another. The Jays claimed Wise off waivers from the Marlins today, which means Wise is heading to the Jays organization for the third time. He played with them from 2000-02 and then spent 52 games with them last season. He was also in their minor league organization this year, playing for Dunedin and Las Vegas before bopping over to Florida for a spell.
Getting Wise is likely a precursor to putting Colby Rasmus on the DL due to his bum wrist.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 59
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)