Aug 26, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
The Blue Jays and Dewayne Wise just can’t quit one another. The Jays claimed Wise off waivers from the Marlins today, which means Wise is heading to the Jays organization for the third time. He played with them from 2000-02 and then spent 52 games with them last season. He was also in their minor league organization this year, playing for Dunedin and Las Vegas before bopping over to Florida for a spell.
Getting Wise is likely a precursor to putting Colby Rasmus on the DL due to his bum wrist.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 17
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 55
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 79
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 66
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)