Aug 26, 2011, 4:10 PM EDT
The Blue Jays and Dewayne Wise just can’t quit one another. The Jays claimed Wise off waivers from the Marlins today, which means Wise is heading to the Jays organization for the third time. He played with them from 2000-02 and then spent 52 games with them last season. He was also in their minor league organization this year, playing for Dunedin and Las Vegas before bopping over to Florida for a spell.
Getting Wise is likely a precursor to putting Colby Rasmus on the DL due to his bum wrist.
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 27
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 94
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 17
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 80
- Video: Pablo Sandoval catches final out in foul territory, Giants win 2014 World Series 10
- Madison Bumgarner pitches the Giants to their third World Series win in five seasons 93
- Madison Bumgarner named World Series MVP … obviously 21
- Pablo Sandoval sets new postseason hits record 10
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (280)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Shocker! Joe Maddon to opt out of his contract and leave the Rays (142)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- 10-0! The Royals romp, tie it up at three games a piece (109)