Aug 26, 2011, 4:10 PM EST
The Blue Jays and Dewayne Wise just can’t quit one another. The Jays claimed Wise off waivers from the Marlins today, which means Wise is heading to the Jays organization for the third time. He played with them from 2000-02 and then spent 52 games with them last season. He was also in their minor league organization this year, playing for Dunedin and Las Vegas before bopping over to Florida for a spell.
Getting Wise is likely a precursor to putting Colby Rasmus on the DL due to his bum wrist.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 28
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 66
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)