Aug 26, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Out since August 3 with a sprained shoulder, Hanley Ramirez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Single-A.
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that Ramirez could come off the disabled list and rejoin the Marlins as soon as Monday.
Emilio Bonifacio has started all 20 games at shortstop in Ramirez’s place, with Greg Dobbs taking over for him at third base, but Bonifacio has hit just .234 with a .635 OPS and Dobbs has hit just .205 with a .501 OPS during that time.
Oh, and the Marlins have lost 16 of 20.
- Nationals place Stephen Strasburg on the 15-day disabled list with neck tightness 2
- Jerry Dior, designer of MLB’s iconic logo, has passed away 8
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 112
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 16
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 2
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 5
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 77
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base (113)
- The Big Unit: Wide Angle Watcher (90)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (89)
- Chipper Jones will fight you if you insult his “girl” (84)
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit (77)