Aug 26, 2011, 2:19 PM EST
Out since August 3 with a sprained shoulder, Hanley Ramirez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Single-A.
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that Ramirez could come off the disabled list and rejoin the Marlins as soon as Monday.
Emilio Bonifacio has started all 20 games at shortstop in Ramirez’s place, with Greg Dobbs taking over for him at third base, but Bonifacio has hit just .234 with a .635 OPS and Dobbs has hit just .205 with a .501 OPS during that time.
Oh, and the Marlins have lost 16 of 20.
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (111)