Aug 26, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Out since August 3 with a sprained shoulder, Hanley Ramirez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Single-A.
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that Ramirez could come off the disabled list and rejoin the Marlins as soon as Monday.
Emilio Bonifacio has started all 20 games at shortstop in Ramirez’s place, with Greg Dobbs taking over for him at third base, but Bonifacio has hit just .234 with a .635 OPS and Dobbs has hit just .205 with a .501 OPS during that time.
Oh, and the Marlins have lost 16 of 20.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)