Aug 26, 2011, 2:19 PM EDT
Out since August 3 with a sprained shoulder, Hanley Ramirez is scheduled to begin a minor-league rehab assignment tonight at Single-A.
Joe Capozzi of the Palm Beach Post reports that Ramirez could come off the disabled list and rejoin the Marlins as soon as Monday.
Emilio Bonifacio has started all 20 games at shortstop in Ramirez’s place, with Greg Dobbs taking over for him at third base, but Bonifacio has hit just .234 with a .635 OPS and Dobbs has hit just .205 with a .501 OPS during that time.
Oh, and the Marlins have lost 16 of 20.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 56
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 47
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 57
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (100)