Aug 26, 2011, 6:10 PM EST
Jason Bay will miss Friday’s game against the Braves and probably most of 2012 because of a jammed right shoulder, the Mets announced.
Well, the Mets didn’t actually announce that Bay would miss most of 2012. That’s just an easy assumption since he is, in fact, a Met. Technically, the team is saying he’s day-to-day.
With Scott Hairston landing on the disabled list, the Mets have Jason Pridie playing left field tonight. Pridie, as you may remember, hit a homer while filling in for Angel Pagan back in May. He’s currently hitting .224/.300/.335 in 170 at-bats.
Bay, as you may remember, hit a homer while playing for the Red Sox in 2009. He is hitting .233/.318/.341 in 369 at-bats this season.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 0
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 150
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 33
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (150)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (138)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (132)