Aug 26, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
Jason Bay will miss Friday’s game against the Braves and probably most of 2012 because of a jammed right shoulder, the Mets announced.
Well, the Mets didn’t actually announce that Bay would miss most of 2012. That’s just an easy assumption since he is, in fact, a Met. Technically, the team is saying he’s day-to-day.
With Scott Hairston landing on the disabled list, the Mets have Jason Pridie playing left field tonight. Pridie, as you may remember, hit a homer while filling in for Angel Pagan back in May. He’s currently hitting .224/.300/.335 in 170 at-bats.
Bay, as you may remember, hit a homer while playing for the Red Sox in 2009. He is hitting .233/.318/.341 in 369 at-bats this season.
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 6
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 117
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 20
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 28
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres 108
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 39