Aug 26, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
Jason Bay will miss Friday’s game against the Braves and probably most of 2012 because of a jammed right shoulder, the Mets announced.
Well, the Mets didn’t actually announce that Bay would miss most of 2012. That’s just an easy assumption since he is, in fact, a Met. Technically, the team is saying he’s day-to-day.
With Scott Hairston landing on the disabled list, the Mets have Jason Pridie playing left field tonight. Pridie, as you may remember, hit a homer while filling in for Angel Pagan back in May. He’s currently hitting .224/.300/.335 in 170 at-bats.
Bay, as you may remember, hit a homer while playing for the Red Sox in 2009. He is hitting .233/.318/.341 in 369 at-bats this season.
- A fan died at Turner Field after falling from the upper deck 0
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 8
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 23
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 17
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 23
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (264)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)