Aug 26, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
Jason Bay will miss Friday’s game against the Braves and probably most of 2012 because of a jammed right shoulder, the Mets announced.
Well, the Mets didn’t actually announce that Bay would miss most of 2012. That’s just an easy assumption since he is, in fact, a Met. Technically, the team is saying he’s day-to-day.
With Scott Hairston landing on the disabled list, the Mets have Jason Pridie playing left field tonight. Pridie, as you may remember, hit a homer while filling in for Angel Pagan back in May. He’s currently hitting .224/.300/.335 in 170 at-bats.
Bay, as you may remember, hit a homer while playing for the Red Sox in 2009. He is hitting .233/.318/.341 in 369 at-bats this season.
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 52
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 61
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 17
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 114
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 54
- Pete Rose will be allowed to participate in All-Star Game festivities 69
- Career over? Joe Nathan needs Tommy John surgery 31
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (115)