Aug 26, 2011, 6:10 PM EDT
Jason Bay will miss Friday’s game against the Braves and probably most of 2012 because of a jammed right shoulder, the Mets announced.
Well, the Mets didn’t actually announce that Bay would miss most of 2012. That’s just an easy assumption since he is, in fact, a Met. Technically, the team is saying he’s day-to-day.
With Scott Hairston landing on the disabled list, the Mets have Jason Pridie playing left field tonight. Pridie, as you may remember, hit a homer while filling in for Angel Pagan back in May. He’s currently hitting .224/.300/.335 in 170 at-bats.
Bay, as you may remember, hit a homer while playing for the Red Sox in 2009. He is hitting .233/.318/.341 in 369 at-bats this season.
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 13
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 78
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 14
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 115
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 61
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (116)
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (115)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)