Aug 26, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
This morning’s report about Blue Jays manager John Farrell having pneumonia also had him rejoining the team today. Which seemed a bit nuts given that, you know, pneumonia is rather serious. Apparently cooler heads have prevailed, however, as Farrell is now reported to be missing tonight’s game against the Rays.
Presumably bench coach Don Wakamatsu will fill in for Farrell who, in this latest report, is now set to come back tomorrow. I give that as much chance as there not being any more hurricane cancellations, but I suppose that’s between Farrell and the health professionals of his choice.
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 39
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 40
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 15
- There’s a chicken pox outbreak in the Royals’ clubhouse and multiple players are infected 26
- Shoeless Joe Jackson is not being reinstated 65
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 66
- Cubs acquire Austin Jackson from Mariners 22
- Unknown Cuban ballplayer sleeps outside of Dodger Stadium, hoping for a tryout 34
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (202)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” (97)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)