Aug 26, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
This morning’s report about Blue Jays manager John Farrell having pneumonia also had him rejoining the team today. Which seemed a bit nuts given that, you know, pneumonia is rather serious. Apparently cooler heads have prevailed, however, as Farrell is now reported to be missing tonight’s game against the Rays.
Presumably bench coach Don Wakamatsu will fill in for Farrell who, in this latest report, is now set to come back tomorrow. I give that as much chance as there not being any more hurricane cancellations, but I suppose that’s between Farrell and the health professionals of his choice.
- Highlights from the Robinson Cano news conference 20
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 31
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 40
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 63
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 28
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (131)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)