Aug 26, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
This morning’s report about Blue Jays manager John Farrell having pneumonia also had him rejoining the team today. Which seemed a bit nuts given that, you know, pneumonia is rather serious. Apparently cooler heads have prevailed, however, as Farrell is now reported to be missing tonight’s game against the Rays.
Presumably bench coach Don Wakamatsu will fill in for Farrell who, in this latest report, is now set to come back tomorrow. I give that as much chance as there not being any more hurricane cancellations, but I suppose that’s between Farrell and the health professionals of his choice.
- Orioles acquire Kelly Johnson from the Red Sox 5
- Orioles acquire Alejandro De Aza from the White Sox 5
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 30
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 47
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 18
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)