Aug 26, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
This morning’s report about Blue Jays manager John Farrell having pneumonia also had him rejoining the team today. Which seemed a bit nuts given that, you know, pneumonia is rather serious. Apparently cooler heads have prevailed, however, as Farrell is now reported to be missing tonight’s game against the Rays.
Presumably bench coach Don Wakamatsu will fill in for Farrell who, in this latest report, is now set to come back tomorrow. I give that as much chance as there not being any more hurricane cancellations, but I suppose that’s between Farrell and the health professionals of his choice.
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” 290
- Blue Jays sign Dayan Viciedo to a minor league deal 8
- Chris Sale will be sidelined for three weeks with foot fracture 11
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 32
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 307
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Daniel Murphy on Billy Bean: “I do disagree with the fact that Billy is a homosexual” (314)
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (307)
- Curt Schilling lowers the boom on some men tweeting threats against his daughter (136)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Ichiro is happy to be away from Joe Girardi (88)