Aug 26, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
This morning’s report about Blue Jays manager John Farrell having pneumonia also had him rejoining the team today. Which seemed a bit nuts given that, you know, pneumonia is rather serious. Apparently cooler heads have prevailed, however, as Farrell is now reported to be missing tonight’s game against the Rays.
Presumably bench coach Don Wakamatsu will fill in for Farrell who, in this latest report, is now set to come back tomorrow. I give that as much chance as there not being any more hurricane cancellations, but I suppose that’s between Farrell and the health professionals of his choice.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 1
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 36
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 118
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (118)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer (79)