On deck for Derek Jeter: scouting out rebound opportunities

Aug 26, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT

Mila Kunis Getty Images

We here at HardballTalk sympathize wholeheartedly with Derek Jeter in the wake of his breakup with Minka Kelly. So, to save him some time and stress in the middle of the pennant race, we’ve lined up some rebound possibilities for him. It’s the least we could do.

Jennifer Lopez: Alex Rodriguez hooked up with an older diva in Madonna. Jeter will probably shy away from the 50-and-over crowd, but J-Lo is available after breaking it off with fellow singer Marc Anthony this summer.

Leighton Meester: The Gossip Girl star played Jennifer Jason-Leigh to Kelly’s Bridget Fonda in the summer’s Single White Female copycat The Roommate. So, she definitely has the right look.  Maybe she can move in on Kelly’s old territory again here.

source: Getty Images

Scarlett Johansson: Recently divorced from Ryan Reynolds and broken up with Sean Penn, Scarlett has a thing for older guys. Still, she’s fidgetty enough to bring to mind Nomar Garciaparra, which has to be a turn off.

Amanda Seyfried: The best qualities of Johansson and has a real sense of humor.  Actually, please just forget I brought this one up. I said hands off! Moving right along…

source: Getty Images

Mila Kunis: We’ll pilfer Aaron’s Official Fantasy Girl instead. Sure, she’s currently with Justin Timberlake, but how many hits does he have anyway?  50? 60?  Jeter has 3,058 and one or two more every day.  Timberlake is lucky to have one a month.  What kind of superstar is that anyway?

1. Old Gator - Aug 26, 2011 at 2:43 PM

Unless and until BC shows up again, we also have to assume that Drew Barrymore is available.

Or maybe Beep Beep could realize that the pursuit of high-maintenance celebrity types is a dead-end proposition, and settle down with the girl next door.

Although, of course, in the building he lives in, the girl next door is probably Drew Barrymore anyway.

• jimbo1949 - Aug 26, 2011 at 2:47 PM

What is this? The grocery checkout magazine rack?

• Old Gator - Aug 26, 2011 at 7:32 PM

Just trying to smoke BC out, if he’s still out there. You know – Hey! BC! Better move fast or a Borg gets your girl!

2. nolanwiffle - Aug 26, 2011 at 2:43 PM

What the hell just happened here?

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:02 PM

My thoughts exactly. I always appreciate a hot pick of Mila, but I can seek those out myself (and I do…oh, I do). This post is alarming to me.

3. aceshigh11 - Aug 26, 2011 at 2:45 PM

If Jeter snags Mila Kunis, I might just have to become a Yankee fan.

GOD-DAYUM, is she gorgeous. She showed some pretty good acting chops in Black Swan, too…a long way from That ’70s Show.

• FC - Aug 26, 2011 at 2:58 PM

So Meg would have the ultimate boyfriend… :-)

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:03 PM

(fart sound)

• Utley's Hair - Aug 26, 2011 at 5:32 PM

Beep Beep doesn’t have the range to snag Mila.

• yournuts - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:21 PM

I am a Yankee fan and I can tell you that Jeter has way to much class for a skank like Mila Kunis. Jeter wouldn’t go near her with a ten foot pole. She is more the Brad Penny type.

• easports82 - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:29 PM

1) Skank? Really?
        2) He’s got too much class? Wasn’t he with Mariah Carey at one point?

• aceshigh11 - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:47 PM

She’s not a skank. What the hell are you basing that on?

• savocabol1 - Aug 26, 2011 at 7:16 PM

If Mila Kunis is a skank, then please GOD bring more skanks into this world!

4. Jonny 5 - Aug 26, 2011 at 2:52 PM

Amanda Seyfried. She’s perfect. I’ve had a mean crush on her since I first saw her on Big Love.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:16 PM

Thumbs downs are a bit much, not sure what that’s about…but I’m not so into her as I am Kunis…that’s just my flava.

• Jonny 5 - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:19 PM

I was with you until “the book of eli” came out and now I can’t shake the image of a dirty smelly girl who hooks on occasion.

• Utley's Hair - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:38 PM

There’s just something wrong with you people handing over the chicks you find to be alluring.

THINK, PEOPLE!!!! It’s Beep Beep. Not you. You give them up to him, what the hell chance do you have? Then, every time you think of her, you’ll see his 52 teeth in your head.

• savocabol1 - Aug 26, 2011 at 7:20 PM

I love the analytical comments as to why or why not you guys would bang a certain girl. Hahaha.

5. randall351 - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:08 PM

It must be Friday afternoon because the baseball content has taken a nose dive.

But you can add me to the Mila Kunis fan club as well. Too bad I don’t have any witty Russian sayings to put here.

• nolanwiffle - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Stalinist.

6. Jeremiah Graves - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Heads up to the site admins, the URL is messed up, I was looking for Hardball Talk not US Weekly.

7. easports82 - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Little change of pace never hurts and girls are one of the reasons we keep playing ball. Gotta pull your head out from the stat sheet every now and then.

8. proudlycanadian - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Cameron Diaz. Just to prove that Jeter and Arod have a lot in common.

• proudlycanadian - Aug 26, 2011 at 4:25 PM

How about a trade of Minka for Cameron?

• Utley's Hair - Aug 26, 2011 at 5:32 PM

I’ll trade Cameron for Megan Fox.

9. Detroit Michael - Aug 26, 2011 at 3:36 PM

Why are there any complaints? Did anyone click through expecting something other than a post about hot celebrity women?

10. Sportsdrenched - Aug 26, 2011 at 4:08 PM

If I were your co-workers at any of the other BallTalks I’d make fun of you relentlessly for posting this.

11. kinggeorge96 - Aug 26, 2011 at 4:18 PM

Stay away from Mila Kunis!!! She’s mine….

12. goawaydog - Aug 26, 2011 at 4:52 PM

Loving this thread as it is taking my mind off the Giants for a bit, well at least until tonight but then I can cover my pain with home brewed beer.

13. savocabol1 - Aug 26, 2011 at 7:14 PM

I love this article. My vote would be for Bar Refaeli (Leonardo Dicaprio’s old squeeze).

14. kinggeorge96 - Aug 26, 2011 at 10:53 PM

You know, if BC comes back and wants Mila, then I’ll have to go with my back-up… Sarah Shahi.

You guys think my wife would mind?!? Man, the things……..

Three legends off to Cooperstown