Aug 26, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
We here at HardballTalk sympathize wholeheartedly with Derek Jeter in the wake of his breakup with Minka Kelly. So, to save him some time and stress in the middle of the pennant race, we’ve lined up some rebound possibilities for him. It’s the least we could do.
Jennifer Lopez: Alex Rodriguez hooked up with an older diva in Madonna. Jeter will probably shy away from the 50-and-over crowd, but J-Lo is available after breaking it off with fellow singer Marc Anthony this summer.
Leighton Meester: The Gossip Girl star played Jennifer Jason-Leigh to Kelly’s Bridget Fonda in the summer’s Single White Female copycat The Roommate. So, she definitely has the right look. Maybe she can move in on Kelly’s old territory again here.
Scarlett Johansson: Recently divorced from Ryan Reynolds and broken up with Sean Penn, Scarlett has a thing for older guys. Still, she’s fidgetty enough to bring to mind Nomar Garciaparra, which has to be a turn off.
Amanda Seyfried: The best qualities of Johansson and has a real sense of humor. Actually, please just forget I brought this one up. I said hands off! Moving right along…
Mila Kunis: We’ll pilfer Aaron’s Official Fantasy Girl instead. Sure, she’s currently with Justin Timberlake, but how many hits does he have anyway? 50? 60? Jeter has 3,058 and one or two more every day. Timberlake is lucky to have one a month. What kind of superstar is that anyway?
- The Cubs to announce the hiring of Joe Maddon on Monday 41
- Cubs fire manager Rick Renteria, clear way for Joe Maddon 72
- HardballTalk’s Top 150 Free Agents for 2015 26
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game 132
- Kevin Youkilis opts for retirement at age 35 32
- 10 nominees for Hall of Fame’s Veterans Committee announced 110
- Bochy’s championship resume ranks among game’s best 19
- Alex Gordon would have been a dead duck had he tried to score 89
- A veteran says enough is enough when it comes to tributes for the soldiers (282)
- Jose Canseco shot his middle finger off (148)
- Oscar Taveras dies after car accident in the Dominican Republic (140)
- Joe Maddon’s pursuit of the Cubs job called “a classless act” by some in the game (132)
- Fox’s World Series broadcast gets a low grade from The New York Times (111)