Aug 26, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT
We here at HardballTalk sympathize wholeheartedly with Derek Jeter in the wake of his breakup with Minka Kelly. So, to save him some time and stress in the middle of the pennant race, we’ve lined up some rebound possibilities for him. It’s the least we could do.
Jennifer Lopez: Alex Rodriguez hooked up with an older diva in Madonna. Jeter will probably shy away from the 50-and-over crowd, but J-Lo is available after breaking it off with fellow singer Marc Anthony this summer.
Leighton Meester: The Gossip Girl star played Jennifer Jason-Leigh to Kelly’s Bridget Fonda in the summer’s Single White Female copycat The Roommate. So, she definitely has the right look. Maybe she can move in on Kelly’s old territory again here.
Scarlett Johansson: Recently divorced from Ryan Reynolds and broken up with Sean Penn, Scarlett has a thing for older guys. Still, she’s fidgetty enough to bring to mind Nomar Garciaparra, which has to be a turn off.
Amanda Seyfried: The best qualities of Johansson and has a real sense of humor. Actually, please just forget I brought this one up. I said hands off! Moving right along…
Mila Kunis: We’ll pilfer Aaron’s Official Fantasy Girl instead. Sure, she’s currently with Justin Timberlake, but how many hits does he have anyway? 50? 60? Jeter has 3,058 and one or two more every day. Timberlake is lucky to have one a month. What kind of superstar is that anyway?
- Bryce Harper is 15th player in MLB history to reach 50 career homers before age-22 season 25
- The Dodgers took the shift to the extreme last night 44
- VIDEO: Jorge Soler hits two long home runs in third major league game 20
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 17
- Mariners end Jesus Montero’s season 37
- Troy Tulowitzki says he’ll retire before he switches positions 32
- Mike Trout is the best MVP choice, but . . . 48
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 73
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (146)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)