Aug 26, 2011, 9:31 PM EDT
Hurricane Irene has barely reached the United States coastline, but the storm continues to wreak havoc on the Major League Baseball schedule.
According to Dan Babarisi of the Wall Street Journal, the Orioles have canceled Saturday’s doubleheader against the Yankees. One of the games will be made up in a split-doubleheader Sunday, and the other game will played on the night of September 8.
The Phillies, Marlins, Reds, Braves, Mets, A’s and Red Sox have also been affected by Irene, which is currently making it’s way through the Carolinas.
Stay safe out there, HBT readers.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)