Aug 26, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
Street missed a little over two weeks after suffering a mild right triceps strain in early August. He did not allow a run in two minor league rehab appearances and claims to be back to full health.
The 28-year-old right-hander has posted a decent 4.06 ERA and 1.18 WHIP through 51 innings this season. He also has an impressive 49/8 K/BB ratio.
Rafael Betancourt filled in at closer in Street’s absence, converting all three opportunities sent his way.
The Rox are currently nine games back in the National League West and 15 1/2 games out of the Wild Card.
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 17
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 4
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 62
- Rafael Soriano took back all that stuff he said about Bryce Harper 13
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games