Aug 26, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
Street missed a little over two weeks after suffering a mild right triceps strain in early August. He did not allow a run in two minor league rehab appearances and claims to be back to full health.
The 28-year-old right-hander has posted a decent 4.06 ERA and 1.18 WHIP through 51 innings this season. He also has an impressive 49/8 K/BB ratio.
Rafael Betancourt filled in at closer in Street’s absence, converting all three opportunities sent his way.
The Rox are currently nine games back in the National League West and 15 1/2 games out of the Wild Card.
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 36
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 30
- Matt Garza ejected after hitting Andrew McCutchen a second time 34
- Tigers hang on for second straight win against Royals 8
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 26
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 13
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 81
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (120)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (104)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)