Aug 26, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
Street missed a little over two weeks after suffering a mild right triceps strain in early August. He did not allow a run in two minor league rehab appearances and claims to be back to full health.
The 28-year-old right-hander has posted a decent 4.06 ERA and 1.18 WHIP through 51 innings this season. He also has an impressive 49/8 K/BB ratio.
Rafael Betancourt filled in at closer in Street’s absence, converting all three opportunities sent his way.
The Rox are currently nine games back in the National League West and 15 1/2 games out of the Wild Card.
- Sandy Alderson is not going to “roll over” for Scott Boras and shut down Matt Harvey 64
- Dodgers are already fed up with 6.56 ERA-pitching, excuse-making Mat Latos 50
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 58
- Bryce Harper walks in all four of his plate appearances, scores four runs 24
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 146
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 145
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 74
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game (146)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (145)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (107)
- David Ortiz tweets his happiness about the Deflategate decision (101)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (90)