Aug 26, 2011, 7:32 PM EDT
Street missed a little over two weeks after suffering a mild right triceps strain in early August. He did not allow a run in two minor league rehab appearances and claims to be back to full health.
The 28-year-old right-hander has posted a decent 4.06 ERA and 1.18 WHIP through 51 innings this season. He also has an impressive 49/8 K/BB ratio.
Rafael Betancourt filled in at closer in Street’s absence, converting all three opportunities sent his way.
The Rox are currently nine games back in the National League West and 15 1/2 games out of the Wild Card.
- Brian Matusz was ejected for having a foreign substance on his arm 8
- Josh Hamilton will join the Rangers on Monday 4
- UPDATE: David Wright diagnosed with spinal stenosis 14
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 39
- Video: Mike Trout makes a ridiculous slide to beat the tag at third base 14
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 21
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 62
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 49
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (131)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)