Aug 26, 2011, 7:32 PM EST
Street missed a little over two weeks after suffering a mild right triceps strain in early August. He did not allow a run in two minor league rehab appearances and claims to be back to full health.
The 28-year-old right-hander has posted a decent 4.06 ERA and 1.18 WHIP through 51 innings this season. He also has an impressive 49/8 K/BB ratio.
Rafael Betancourt filled in at closer in Street’s absence, converting all three opportunities sent his way.
The Rox are currently nine games back in the National League West and 15 1/2 games out of the Wild Card.
- Roy Halladay is retiring 52
- Tony La Russa Bobby Cox, Joe Torre all unanimously elected to the Hall of Fame 40
- Tony Blengino says recent report on Seattle front office is “just the tip of the iceberg” 60
- Rakuten Golden Eagles appear likely to allow Masahiro Tanaka’s departure to MLB 47
- 2013 Winter Meetings Preview 23
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (112)