Aug 26, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
The Sunday game between the Phillies and Marlins had been moved to Saturday as part of a double header. Now the back end of that doubleheader has been cancelled due to the fact that it’s really gonna be rainin’ and blowin’ by Saturday night. The day game scheduled for 1PM tomorrow is still on track. For now. Sorry to all of you guys who were hoping for a Halladay-Lee doubleheader.
The game has been rescheduled for September 15th, which had been Philly’s only day off all month. Which I am sure will totally stop their march to the division title in its tracks.
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 73
- Mets, Brewers call off reported Carlos Gomez trade 62
- Dodgers, Marlins, Braves trade involving Mat Latos “simply being held up by paperwork” 66
- The Tigers are going to “reboot;” plan to trade Price and Cespedes 72
- Why do managers wear uniforms anyway? 49
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 51
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 32
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 24
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)