Aug 26, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
The Sunday game between the Phillies and Marlins had been moved to Saturday as part of a double header. Now the back end of that doubleheader has been cancelled due to the fact that it’s really gonna be rainin’ and blowin’ by Saturday night. The day game scheduled for 1PM tomorrow is still on track. For now. Sorry to all of you guys who were hoping for a Halladay-Lee doubleheader.
The game has been rescheduled for September 15th, which had been Philly’s only day off all month. Which I am sure will totally stop their march to the division title in its tracks.
- Masahiro Tanaka to pitch on Sunday 7
- Astros shut down George Springer for the season 0
- The Blue Jays will make a qualifying offer to Melky Cabrera 15
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 34
- MLB suspends Jonathan Papelbon seven games for incident during Sunday’s game 42
- VIDEO: Jacob deGrom begins game with eight straight strikeouts to tie MLB record 11
- Bud Selig says MLB and players union will meet this week about domestic abuse policy 8
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 67
- Chris Davis suspended 25 games for amphetamine use (92)
- A few thoughts about the discrimination lawsuit against the Mets (91)
- Giancarlo Stanton diagnosed with multiple facial fractures and dental damage (91)
- Bud Selig can’t remember the last domestic violence incident in Major League Baseball (88)
- A couple of initial thoughts on the Chris Davis suspension (83)