Aug 26, 2011, 4:25 PM EDT
The Sunday game between the Phillies and Marlins had been moved to Saturday as part of a double header. Now the back end of that doubleheader has been cancelled due to the fact that it’s really gonna be rainin’ and blowin’ by Saturday night. The day game scheduled for 1PM tomorrow is still on track. For now. Sorry to all of you guys who were hoping for a Halladay-Lee doubleheader.
The game has been rescheduled for September 15th, which had been Philly’s only day off all month. Which I am sure will totally stop their march to the division title in its tracks.
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 9
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 29
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 17
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 30
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Rockies place Troy Tulowitzki on the disabled list 18
- Rob Manfred “heavily favored” to be Bud Selig’s replacement 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)