Aug 26, 2011, 12:06 AM EST
We can put a bow on Travis Snider’s 2011 season.
According to Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet, the 23-year-old outfielder was diagnosed Thursday with tendinitis in his right wrist and will rest for the next 4-6 weeks. In other words, he won’t be recalled to the majors when rosters expand on September 1 and probably won’t have time to get back in shape before the regular season schedule is finished.
Snider had a frustrating 2011 campaign.
He opened the season as Toronto’s starting left fielder, but a prolonged April slump sent him back to the minor leagues before the start of May and he spent the next several months seeking some semblance of consistency. And the consistency never came.
Snider will finish up having posted a .225/.269/.348 batting line with three home runs, nine stolen bases and 30 RBI in 49 major league games. He batted .327/.394/.480 in 61 games at Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Aramis Ramirez says 2015 will be his last year 29
- Francisco Rodriguez re-signs with the Brewers 9
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended 283
- Pirates open to massive extension for Andrew McCutchen 18
- Report: Josh Hamilton had a relapse this offseason that “involved at least cocaine” 86
- Yankees don’t plan on having to pay A-Rod’s $30 million in home run milestone bonuses 50
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks 131
- Rob Manfred says a return to a 154-game season could happen one day 67
- If addiction is an illness — and it is — Josh Hamilton shouldn’t be suspended (283)
- San Francisco — and all of California — will consider a smokeless tobacco ban that includes MLB parks (131)
- Report: The Yankees were “fuming” at how A-Rod handled his early arrival to spring training (114)
- Cuban prospect Yoan Moncada reportedly signs with the Red Sox for $31.5 million, plus $31.5 million in penalties (106)
- Brian Sabean says that California taxes are a hindrance to the Giants signing free agents (102)