Aug 26, 2011, 12:06 AM EDT
We can put a bow on Travis Snider’s 2011 season.
According to Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet, the 23-year-old outfielder was diagnosed Thursday with tendinitis in his right wrist and will rest for the next 4-6 weeks. In other words, he won’t be recalled to the majors when rosters expand on September 1 and probably won’t have time to get back in shape before the regular season schedule is finished.
Snider had a frustrating 2011 campaign.
He opened the season as Toronto’s starting left fielder, but a prolonged April slump sent him back to the minor leagues before the start of May and he spent the next several months seeking some semblance of consistency. And the consistency never came.
Snider will finish up having posted a .225/.269/.348 batting line with three home runs, nine stolen bases and 30 RBI in 49 major league games. He batted .327/.394/.480 in 61 games at Triple-A Las Vegas.
- 2014 Trade Deadline Tracker 27
- ACES GALORE: The Rays trade David Price to the Tigers 63
- Red Sox trade John Lackey to Cardinals for Allen Craig and Joe Kelly 84
- The Lester trade is a win-win 112
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes 164
- The State of the Trade Deadline: Yesterday was pretty sleepy. Will general managers wake up today? 40
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 49
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 53
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- BLOCKBUSTER: Jon Lester and Jonny Gomes heading to Oakland for Yoenis Cespedes (164)
- Rangers’ retirement gifts for Derek Jeter: Yankees cowboy boots, signed George W. Bush photo (123)
- The Lester trade is a win-win (112)