Aug 26, 2011, 12:06 AM EST
We can put a bow on Travis Snider’s 2011 season.
According to Shi Davidi of Canada’s Sportsnet, the 23-year-old outfielder was diagnosed Thursday with tendinitis in his right wrist and will rest for the next 4-6 weeks. In other words, he won’t be recalled to the majors when rosters expand on September 1 and probably won’t have time to get back in shape before the regular season schedule is finished.
Snider had a frustrating 2011 campaign.
He opened the season as Toronto’s starting left fielder, but a prolonged April slump sent him back to the minor leagues before the start of May and he spent the next several months seeking some semblance of consistency. And the consistency never came.
Snider will finish up having posted a .225/.269/.348 batting line with three home runs, nine stolen bases and 30 RBI in 49 major league games. He batted .327/.394/.480 in 61 games at Triple-A Las Vegas.
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 21
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 51
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 40
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 25
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- UPDATE: Red Sox finalizing a 4-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, with a vesting option 35
- MLB players react to Odell Beckham, Jr. catch on Sunday Night Football 27
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (136)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (131)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)