Aug 26, 2011, 9:04 PM EST
Dayan Viciedo posted promising results in his first taste of the big leagues last year — like an .840 OPS and five home runs in 106 plate appearances — but he could not find a spot on the Opening Day roster heading into this season and has spent the past several months tearing it up at Triple-A Charlotte.
On Saturday, Viciedo rides again.
According to Daryl Van Schouwen of the Chicago Sun-Times, the 22-year-old will join up with the White Sox on Saturday night in Seattle. He’ll draw playing time at first base, left field, right field and designated hitter down the stretch and should provide a nice offensive spark for the third-place Pale Hose.
Viciedo has amassed a .297/.365/.492 slash line, 20 homers and 78 RBI in 118 games this year at Triple-A.
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 75
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 35
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (129)