Aug 27, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
You guys aren’t going to believe this, but A.J. Burnett was pretty awful again last night.
Burnett was knocked around for a season-high nine runs over five innings in a 12-5 loss to the Orioles. This included a six-run second inning, where the struggling right-hander surrendered four doubles and two home runs.
The loss pushed Burnett’s ERA to 5.31 for the season and 11.91 during the month of August. He has allowed 30 runs over 22 2/3 innings this month. Just for comparison’s sake, MLB ERA leader Johnny Cueto has allowed 30 earned runs for the entire season.
Your Friday box scores:
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)