Aug 27, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
You guys aren’t going to believe this, but A.J. Burnett was pretty awful again last night.
Burnett was knocked around for a season-high nine runs over five innings in a 12-5 loss to the Orioles. This included a six-run second inning, where the struggling right-hander surrendered four doubles and two home runs.
The loss pushed Burnett’s ERA to 5.31 for the season and 11.91 during the month of August. He has allowed 30 runs over 22 2/3 innings this month. Just for comparison’s sake, MLB ERA leader Johnny Cueto has allowed 30 earned runs for the entire season.
Your Friday box scores:
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 9
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (110)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)