Aug 27, 2011, 8:47 AM EDT
You guys aren’t going to believe this, but A.J. Burnett was pretty awful again last night.
Burnett was knocked around for a season-high nine runs over five innings in a 12-5 loss to the Orioles. This included a six-run second inning, where the struggling right-hander surrendered four doubles and two home runs.
The loss pushed Burnett’s ERA to 5.31 for the season and 11.91 during the month of August. He has allowed 30 runs over 22 2/3 innings this month. Just for comparison’s sake, MLB ERA leader Johnny Cueto has allowed 30 earned runs for the entire season.
Your Friday box scores:
- Astros “making a strong effort” for Phillies ace Cole Hamels 17
- Angels acquire outfielders David Murphy and David DeJesus 22
- Jenrry Mejia gets 162-game ban for second failed PED test 29
- Nationals, Phillies agree to Jonathan Papelbon trade 58
- The Hall of Fame just made a MAJOR change to the Hall of Fame voting process 73
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s 86
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 40
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Settling the Scores: Wednesday’s results (106)