Aug 27, 2011, 8:47 AM EST
You guys aren’t going to believe this, but A.J. Burnett was pretty awful again last night.
Burnett was knocked around for a season-high nine runs over five innings in a 12-5 loss to the Orioles. This included a six-run second inning, where the struggling right-hander surrendered four doubles and two home runs.
The loss pushed Burnett’s ERA to 5.31 for the season and 11.91 during the month of August. He has allowed 30 runs over 22 2/3 innings this month. Just for comparison’s sake, MLB ERA leader Johnny Cueto has allowed 30 earned runs for the entire season.
Your Friday box scores:
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Not everyone is happy about home plate collisions being taken away (133)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)