Aug 27, 2011, 1:33 PM EDT
Who saw this one coming?
According to Clark Spencer of the Miami Herald, today’s game between the Marlins and Phillies was rained out.
The Phillies moved this game from Sunday in an effort to get out in front of Hurricane Irene, but rain was already pouring down on the sparsely attended crowd at Citizens Bank Park. And yes, even attempting to get this game in was probably a tremendous waste of time for all involved.
No makeup date was announced, though David Hale of the Wilmington News Journal writes that a doubleheader on September 15 is possible. The Phillies could potentially play 33 games over the final 31 days of the season.
UPDATE: David Hale of the Wilmington News Journal reports that the Phillies and Marlins will indeed play a split-doubleheader on September 15.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (241)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (130)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (109)
- Must-Click Link: Yasiel Puig’s harrowing journey to the United States (95)