Aug 27, 2011, 12:31 AM EST
Legendary Dodgers broadcaster Vin Scully announced during Friday’s game that he would return for his record 63rd season in 2012.
Scully, who in recent years has skipped road trips taking him east of the Rockies, indicated that he’ll maintain his usual schedule of home games and select road games.
Scully turns 85 in November.
As if the publicity swirling around Dodgers owner Frank McCourt couldn’t get bad enough, there were recent rumors that the team might let Scully go in order to save money. Such a manuever, though, surely would have done more harm than good, financially and in every other way imaginable.
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (101)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Robinson Cano wants the Mariners to bring in Kendrys Morales and Ervin Santana (64)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)