Aug 28, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez is 3-for-7 with a triple since beginning a minor league rehab assignment Friday night with Single-A Jupiter.
If the production continues and he’s able to avoid setbacks, the 27-year-old will return to the major league lineup Wednesday against the Mets.
This according to MLB.com’s Christina De Nicola, who spoke directly with Hanley on Sunday morning.
Ramirez has been sidelined since August 2 with a sprained left shoulder. He was batting .243/.333/.379 with 10 home runs, 16 doubles, 45 RBI and 20 stolen bases through 385 plate appearances. Emilio Bonifacio has been filling in at shortstop all month.
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness