Aug 28, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez is 3-for-7 with a triple since beginning a minor league rehab assignment Friday night with Single-A Jupiter.
If the production continues and he’s able to avoid setbacks, the 27-year-old will return to the major league lineup Wednesday against the Mets.
This according to MLB.com’s Christina De Nicola, who spoke directly with Hanley on Sunday morning.
Ramirez has been sidelined since August 2 with a sprained left shoulder. He was batting .243/.333/.379 with 10 home runs, 16 doubles, 45 RBI and 20 stolen bases through 385 plate appearances. Emilio Bonifacio has been filling in at shortstop all month.
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- The Red Sox are still steamed that a PED guy played against them in the playoffs last year (133)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)