Aug 28, 2011, 2:29 PM EDT
Marlins shortstop Hanley Ramirez is 3-for-7 with a triple since beginning a minor league rehab assignment Friday night with Single-A Jupiter.
If the production continues and he’s able to avoid setbacks, the 27-year-old will return to the major league lineup Wednesday against the Mets.
This according to MLB.com’s Christina De Nicola, who spoke directly with Hanley on Sunday morning.
Ramirez has been sidelined since August 2 with a sprained left shoulder. He was batting .243/.333/.379 with 10 home runs, 16 doubles, 45 RBI and 20 stolen bases through 385 plate appearances. Emilio Bonifacio has been filling in at shortstop all month.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)