Aug 28, 2011, 12:50 PM EDT
Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo missed a bit of time last week due to general discomfort on the left side of his body. That discomfort has now reemerged.
According to Zack Meisel of MLB.com, Choo was pulled in the fifth inning of Saturday’s 8-7 victory over the Royals and is likely to sit out a few consecutive games this week. The Korean outfielder is able to take full cuts with the bat, but he feels immense pain when forced to stop his swing short and when making twisting movements on defense.
Indians manager Manny Acta explained the situation late Saturday evening in a chat with reporters:
“It was a battle to get him out of the game,” Acta said. “He’s a fighter. He wanted to keep playing, but that’s not smart to keep him out there and maybe make it worse. He’s going to be shut down for a few days. He’s not going to be able to swing the bat for a few days.”
Choo has registered an underwhelming .260/.345/.395 slash line in 84 games this season, but he’s 16-for-46 (.348) with a double, a triple and three home runs since returning from a fractured thumb on August 12.
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 6
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 77
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 79
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- No, baseball does not need to “announce a domestic violence policy ASAP” 52
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 48
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (85)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)