Aug 29, 2011, 5:53 PM EST
Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter are both out of the Yankees’ lineup for tonight’s series finale against the Orioles, but while Jeter might be available off the bench manager Joe Girardi deemed Rodriguez “really questionable” to play in the three-game series versus the Red Sox that begins tomorrow.
Rodriguez left the team in Baltimore and headed back to New York to undergo an MRI exam on his injured thumb. Results were negative and he’s officially listed as day-to-day.
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 155
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 10
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 33
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 50
- Blue Jays sign president and CEO Paul Beeston to extension through 2015 26
- Reds sign four-year contract extension with Devin Mesoraco 11
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 83
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (160)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (94)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)