Aug 29, 2011, 5:53 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter are both out of the Yankees’ lineup for tonight’s series finale against the Orioles, but while Jeter might be available off the bench manager Joe Girardi deemed Rodriguez “really questionable” to play in the three-game series versus the Red Sox that begins tomorrow.
Rodriguez left the team in Baltimore and headed back to New York to undergo an MRI exam on his injured thumb. Results were negative and he’s officially listed as day-to-day.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 17
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 60
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 12
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)