Aug 29, 2011, 5:53 PM EDT
Alex Rodriguez and Derek Jeter are both out of the Yankees’ lineup for tonight’s series finale against the Orioles, but while Jeter might be available off the bench manager Joe Girardi deemed Rodriguez “really questionable” to play in the three-game series versus the Red Sox that begins tomorrow.
Rodriguez left the team in Baltimore and headed back to New York to undergo an MRI exam on his injured thumb. Results were negative and he’s officially listed as day-to-day.
- Bill Stoneman taking over as Angels’ interim GM 5
- Jerry Dipoto loses power struggle with Mike Scioscia, steps down as Angels general manager 29
- Bobby Bonilla’s isn’t the only deferred money deal in the game. And isn’t even the worst. 47
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. 68
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM 75
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 46
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 12
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 51
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (276)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (110)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)