Aug 29, 2011, 5:17 PM EST
Brennan Boesch is out of the lineup today for a fifth straight game with a partially torn thumb ligament and trainer Kevin Rand admitted that he’ll need surgery eventually, but the Tigers are putting it off in the hopes he can play again this season.
“It’s going to be an issue the rest of the way,” Rand told Tom Gage of the Detroit News. “We just have to find a way, if we can, to get it comfortable enough for him to swing a bat.”
Boesch suffered the initial injury on August 10 and has played seven games since then, hitting .250 with zero homers and a .599 OPS.
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 67
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 25
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 66
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners 256
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 9
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (257)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (101)
- Robinson Cano signing only bad if the Mariners stop now (93)