Aug 29, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Headline says it all, and what it doesn’t say Bob Nightengale of USA Today says:
The Yankees say that Jeter will miss tonight’s series finale against the Orioles, and hope to get him back at some point during the three-game Red Sox series beginning Tuesday at Fenway Park in Boston. The Yankees trail the Red Sox by two games in the AL East.
For his part, Joe Girardi suggests that Jeter may miss the whole Red Sox series. And Alex Rodriguez is already out with a bad thumb, so the left side of the infield is going to be pretty Nunez-riffic for the next several days.
- Once the best, Pujols now irrelevant
- PFT: Brady says he's 'never felt better' throwing the ball
- PHT: Stalberg returns to Hawks' lineup for Game 3
- PHT: Hawks look to boost intensity vs. Wings
- HBT: Dodgers manager Mattingly could be on the hot seat
- OlyTalk: Pistorius rules out racing in 2013
- Parker carves up Grizzlies as Spurs roll in Gm. 1