Aug 29, 2011, 12:04 PM EDT
Michael Vitez of the Philly Inquirer has a fun story today about the never-ending battle in baseball between those who like to wear high socks — the avatars of goodness and truth — and those who don’t — evil incarnate.
OK, that was a bit of editorializing on my part. Apologies. I’m sure there are some non-evil people out there who like the big baggy pants hanging down below the shoes look. I just haven’t met them yet.
And to be honest, I do think that there is a danger that the big high-socks look has become a too self-consciously retro choice by now. No, it’s not like a ton of guys really rock it, but many who do seem to be doing it less because it’s cool and more because it’s perceived to be cool. If that makes any sense.
Know what you don’t see much of anymore? The intermediate look. Anyone doing that? With the stirrups? That’s probably the coolest look of them all. At least until too many start to do it and it becomes lame.
Man, hipster fashion politics are difficult.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced (73)