Aug 29, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
I should probably go back and check the article and see if it said “rehab” or if it said “retire.” But either way, Todd Zolecki reports that Jamie Moyer is going to be down at the Phillies’ facility in Clearwater doing something.
OK, I just checked. It’s rehab. He’ll be working out and pitching there even though he’s not under contract or anything. I guess the Phillies trust him not mess the place up.
And I’m not really being too snarky about Moyer’s age here. He turns 50 in a little over a year. You can join the AARP when you’re 50. Younger if your spouse is a member.
- Andrew McCutchen departs game versus Cardinals after aggravating injured left rib cage 2
- Mariners extend general manager Jack Zduriencik’s contract 12
- Money, money, money (and Bud Selig’s nirvana) 14
- These days, the correlation between payroll and winning is historically weak 60
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 49
- Report: Cubs calling up top prospect outfielder Jorge Soler 40
- Shin-Soo Choo to undergo season-ending bone spur surgery on elbow 13
- Bartolo Colon and Scott Feldman clear revocable waivers; eligible to be traded to any team 22
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (142)
- Cuban outfielder Rusney Castillo to sign with the Red Sox for $72 million (96)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Even if he’s reinstated, does Pete Rose make the Hall of Fame? (89)