Aug 29, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
I should probably go back and check the article and see if it said “rehab” or if it said “retire.” But either way, Todd Zolecki reports that Jamie Moyer is going to be down at the Phillies’ facility in Clearwater doing something.
OK, I just checked. It’s rehab. He’ll be working out and pitching there even though he’s not under contract or anything. I guess the Phillies trust him not mess the place up.
And I’m not really being too snarky about Moyer’s age here. He turns 50 in a little over a year. You can join the AARP when you’re 50. Younger if your spouse is a member.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)