Aug 29, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
I should probably go back and check the article and see if it said “rehab” or if it said “retire.” But either way, Todd Zolecki reports that Jamie Moyer is going to be down at the Phillies’ facility in Clearwater doing something.
OK, I just checked. It’s rehab. He’ll be working out and pitching there even though he’s not under contract or anything. I guess the Phillies trust him not mess the place up.
And I’m not really being too snarky about Moyer’s age here. He turns 50 in a little over a year. You can join the AARP when you’re 50. Younger if your spouse is a member.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 13
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 24
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)