Aug 29, 2011, 3:00 PM EDT
I should probably go back and check the article and see if it said “rehab” or if it said “retire.” But either way, Todd Zolecki reports that Jamie Moyer is going to be down at the Phillies’ facility in Clearwater doing something.
OK, I just checked. It’s rehab. He’ll be working out and pitching there even though he’s not under contract or anything. I guess the Phillies trust him not mess the place up.
And I’m not really being too snarky about Moyer’s age here. He turns 50 in a little over a year. You can join the AARP when you’re 50. Younger if your spouse is a member.
- Cardinals acquire Justin Masterson from Indians 48
- There’s a “very good chance” the Red Sox trade Lackey and Lester 52
- Hey, Rube: Phillies pay dearly for Amaro’s misguided loyalty 89
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 57
- Dodgers announce Vin Scully will return for 2015 season 52
- Jon Lester scratched Wednesday amid trade speculation 38
- Rays are “talking and willing” to trade ace lefty David Price; Cardinals and Dodgers interested 41
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels 96
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- “Caucasians” t-shirts are hot sellers on Canadian Indian reservations (199)
- Must-click link: sexual depravity — and possibly rape — in the minor leagues (105)
- The Nationals and Orioles dispute over TV money is about to explode (104)
- Phillies wanted Joc Pederson, Corey Seager, and Julio Urias from Dodgers for Cole Hamels (96)