Aug 29, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Sticking with the Blue Jays medical beat, manager John Farrell — who left Thursday night’s game with what turned out to be pneumonia — is still off the job due to his illness. And will be for a while yet.
Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star tweeted a bit ago that Farrell showed up at Rogers Centre a little while ago but that he’s still weak and won’t be managing in tonight’s game against the Rays. Indeed, he won’t be managing through the Orioles series which kicks off in Baltimore tomorrow night and goes goes through Thursday. No word yet on whether he’d be able to rejoin the team on that road trip, which head to New York next weekend.
Get well soon, John.
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 42
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 47
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 29
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 59
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 47
- Reds trade setup man Jonathan Broxton to the Brewers 19
- Miguel Cabrera sits Sunday with nagging ankle injury 13
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (220)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (74)