Aug 29, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Sticking with the Blue Jays medical beat, manager John Farrell — who left Thursday night’s game with what turned out to be pneumonia — is still off the job due to his illness. And will be for a while yet.
Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star tweeted a bit ago that Farrell showed up at Rogers Centre a little while ago but that he’s still weak and won’t be managing in tonight’s game against the Rays. Indeed, he won’t be managing through the Orioles series which kicks off in Baltimore tomorrow night and goes goes through Thursday. No word yet on whether he’d be able to rejoin the team on that road trip, which head to New York next weekend.
Get well soon, John.
- Ruben Amaro dismisses fans who “bitch and complain” about the Phillies’ moves 31
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Reds finally shut down Devin Mesoraco seven weeks after hip injury, surgery may be needed 6
- Mike Napoli continues to kill the Angels 7
- Brian Matusz suspended eight games for a foreign substance 18
- Settling the Scores: Memorial Day Edition 58
- Giants designate Casey McGehee for assignment 26
- Yan Gomes returns to the Indians’ lineup after missing six weeks with a sprained right knee 0
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (133)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (132)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (96)