Aug 29, 2011, 5:00 PM EST
Sticking with the Blue Jays medical beat, manager John Farrell — who left Thursday night’s game with what turned out to be pneumonia — is still off the job due to his illness. And will be for a while yet.
Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star tweeted a bit ago that Farrell showed up at Rogers Centre a little while ago but that he’s still weak and won’t be managing in tonight’s game against the Rays. Indeed, he won’t be managing through the Orioles series which kicks off in Baltimore tomorrow night and goes goes through Thursday. No word yet on whether he’d be able to rejoin the team on that road trip, which head to New York next weekend.
Get well soon, John.
- Yasiel Puig says the Cardinals are the Dodgers’ “principal rivals,” not the Giants 61
- Jayson Werth to serve five days in jail for reckless driving 47
- Keith Law’s top 100 prospects list is out 39
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition 173
- Nationals sign former Blue Jays closer Casey Janssen 11
- Ichiro Suzuki’s deal with the Marlins is worth $2 million 35
- Orioles acquire outfielder Travis Snider from Pirates 37
- Not so fast on the Bud Selig Hall of Fame talk 52
- Great Moments in Media Arrogance: Marshawn Lynch edition (173)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Why “Deflategate” would never happen in baseball (96)
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives (83)
- Rosenthal proposal: make relievers face more than one batter per appearance (74)