Aug 29, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Sticking with the Blue Jays medical beat, manager John Farrell — who left Thursday night’s game with what turned out to be pneumonia — is still off the job due to his illness. And will be for a while yet.
Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star tweeted a bit ago that Farrell showed up at Rogers Centre a little while ago but that he’s still weak and won’t be managing in tonight’s game against the Rays. Indeed, he won’t be managing through the Orioles series which kicks off in Baltimore tomorrow night and goes goes through Thursday. No word yet on whether he’d be able to rejoin the team on that road trip, which head to New York next weekend.
Get well soon, John.
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 6
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 6
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 63
- Pedro Martinez wonders if bad chemistry is the reason the Tigers and Mariners are out of contention 48
- Vote of non-confidence: Reds owner says manager Bryan Price won’t be fired before the season is over 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 86
- Denard Span headed back to DL with hip inflammation, unlikely to return this season 10
- Report: Barry Bonds loses collusion case against MLB 40
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (259)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)