Aug 29, 2011, 5:00 PM EDT
Sticking with the Blue Jays medical beat, manager John Farrell — who left Thursday night’s game with what turned out to be pneumonia — is still off the job due to his illness. And will be for a while yet.
Richard Griffin of the Toronto Star tweeted a bit ago that Farrell showed up at Rogers Centre a little while ago but that he’s still weak and won’t be managing in tonight’s game against the Rays. Indeed, he won’t be managing through the Orioles series which kicks off in Baltimore tomorrow night and goes goes through Thursday. No word yet on whether he’d be able to rejoin the team on that road trip, which head to New York next weekend.
Get well soon, John.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)