Aug 29, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT
Jon Rauch is on the verge of rejoining the Blue Jays’ bullpen less than two weeks after undergoing an emergency appendectomy.
Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Rauch has been cleared to throw a simulated game tomorrow and could be activated from the disabled list as soon as Thursday if everything goes well.
What role he’ll fill upon returning is unclear, as Rauch had been struggling prior to the DL stint and fill-in closer Frank Francisco has thrived in his absence.
Rauch has reportedly cleared waivers, but trading him by Wednesday would be pretty difficult (though not impossible).
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 42
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 31
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 10
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 3
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case 65
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (111)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (70)
- LeBron stuns Pacers with OT winner in Game 1
- Pens overwhelm Sens, take 3-1 series lead
- Tiger calls Sergio's comments inappropriate, hurtful
- Bears great Urlacher announces retirement
- HBT: Canseco suspect in Vegas sexual assault
- Posnanski on Golf: Sergio shows disdain for Tiger
- OlyTalk: Coach K will lead Team USA in Rio Games