Aug 29, 2011, 4:42 PM EDT
Jon Rauch is on the verge of rejoining the Blue Jays’ bullpen less than two weeks after undergoing an emergency appendectomy.
Gregor Chisholm of MLB.com reports that Rauch has been cleared to throw a simulated game tomorrow and could be activated from the disabled list as soon as Thursday if everything goes well.
What role he’ll fill upon returning is unclear, as Rauch had been struggling prior to the DL stint and fill-in closer Frank Francisco has thrived in his absence.
Rauch has reportedly cleared waivers, but trading him by Wednesday would be pretty difficult (though not impossible).
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 8
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? 49
- 2015 Preview: Atlanta Braves 12
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” 108
- 2015 Preview: Chicago Cubs 14
- Unsigned 2014 No. 1 overall pick Brady Aiken undergoes Tommy John surgery 56
- 2015 Preview: Seattle Mariners 15
- Cardinals add “OT” patch for Oscar Taveras 76
- College baseball player cut after making offensive tweet about Mo’ne Davis (115)
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (115)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (108)
- Mo’ne Davis says college ballplayer who wrote an offensive tweet about her deserves a second chance (88)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (86)