Aug 29, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Reyes will remain inactive for this afternoon’s game, with Ruben Tejada starting at shortstop, but is expected to be in the lineup for Game 2 tonight.
He hasn’t played since August 7 because of a hamstring injury, but went 4-for-12 with a homer, a double, and zero strikeouts while rehabbing in the minors.
Terry Collins has said that he plans to give Reyes frequent days off down the stretch to keep him at full strength, hinting that he’d likely sit out at least one day per week.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 42
- The Troy Tulowitzki trade might be the strangest deadline deal ever 35
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 87
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 17
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 21
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)