Aug 29, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Reyes will remain inactive for this afternoon’s game, with Ruben Tejada starting at shortstop, but is expected to be in the lineup for Game 2 tonight.
He hasn’t played since August 7 because of a hamstring injury, but went 4-for-12 with a homer, a double, and zero strikeouts while rehabbing in the minors.
Terry Collins has said that he plans to give Reyes frequent days off down the stretch to keep him at full strength, hinting that he’d likely sit out at least one day per week.
- Cuba’s best pitching prospect is on his way to America 17
- Will Smith suspended for eight games for the foreign substance on his arm 58
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 48
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 95
- Who really owns a home run ball? 65
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 131
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 130
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (131)
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (130)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)