Aug 29, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Reyes will remain inactive for this afternoon’s game, with Ruben Tejada starting at shortstop, but is expected to be in the lineup for Game 2 tonight.
He hasn’t played since August 7 because of a hamstring injury, but went 4-for-12 with a homer, a double, and zero strikeouts while rehabbing in the minors.
Terry Collins has said that he plans to give Reyes frequent days off down the stretch to keep him at full strength, hinting that he’d likely sit out at least one day per week.
- HBT Daily: How the Royals and Giants were built 4
- Two radio stations in San Francisco are refusing to play Lorde’s “Royals” during the World Series 40
- Royals tab James Shields, Yordano Ventura to start first two games of World Series 1
- Brian Roberts is retiring 13
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? 119
- Video: Watch Travis Ishikawa’s pennant-winning homer 13
- Travis Ishikawa sends Giants to World Series on walk-off three-run homer 79
- NLCS, Game 5: Cardinals vs. Giants lineups 30
- So, if you’re not a fan of the Royals or Giants, who ya got? (119)
- Pedro Martinez has some opinions about who the new “face of baseball” is (104)
- “The Kansas City Royals Are the Future of Baseball” — someone actually said that. (93)
- Andrew Friedman leaving the Rays to take over as Dodgers President of Baseball Operations (83)
- Quit making a big deal out of anomalies. Most of what happens is meaningless. (82)