Aug 29, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Reyes will remain inactive for this afternoon’s game, with Ruben Tejada starting at shortstop, but is expected to be in the lineup for Game 2 tonight.
He hasn’t played since August 7 because of a hamstring injury, but went 4-for-12 with a homer, a double, and zero strikeouts while rehabbing in the minors.
Terry Collins has said that he plans to give Reyes frequent days off down the stretch to keep him at full strength, hinting that he’d likely sit out at least one day per week.
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 58
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 17
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- The 2015 Gillette Home Run Derby will have a new format 32
- Meet the Matz! The Mets call up Steven Matz to make his MLB debut 11
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 23
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)