Aug 29, 2011, 12:48 PM EDT
Reyes will remain inactive for this afternoon’s game, with Ruben Tejada starting at shortstop, but is expected to be in the lineup for Game 2 tonight.
He hasn’t played since August 7 because of a hamstring injury, but went 4-for-12 with a homer, a double, and zero strikeouts while rehabbing in the minors.
Terry Collins has said that he plans to give Reyes frequent days off down the stretch to keep him at full strength, hinting that he’d likely sit out at least one day per week.
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry 4
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 11
- Tigers acquire closer Joakim Soria from the Rangers 43
- Phillies officials “have contemplated the possibility of paying off” and releasing Ryan Howard 38
- The dizzying intellect of Tom Glavine 20
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts 158
- Chase Headley plays the hero in his first game in pinstripes 33
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 29
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (158)
- Luke Scott released from Korean team after calling coach a “liar” and a “coward” (108)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- Who is the next Face of Baseball? (97)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)