Aug 30, 2011, 9:39 AM EDT
The other day Brett Ballantini of CSNChicago.com reported that Ozzie Guillen was going to sit down with Adam Dunn sometime soon and discuss a reduced role for the big guy down the stretch. It seems now that the conversation has been had. Here’s Ozzie Guillen via the Associated Press:
“I don’t know yet. I talked to him we had a little chat. It went nice. He understood my point, I understood his point. Obviously I’m going to (play) the guys that swing the bat good but are you’re going to see him? I can’t say no because he will play some day.”
Dunn has sat for two straight games and there is likely a lot more bench in his immediate future. As Ballantini reported, Dunn pretty much knows the score. He’s hitting .163/.290/.289 in perhaps the worst fall-off-a-cliff season for an elite hitter in living memory. He’s never complained about much in his career, so he’s not likely to start now.
And hey, there are only three more years and $44 million left on that deal, so there’s that.
- One PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is good. The other PED-fueled, record-breaking felon is bad 22
- Patrick Corbin diagnosed with “damage” to left UCL 38
- The Yankees were no-hit by the Marlins in Panama 35
- Report: Jose Iglesias could miss most of the 2014 season 46
- Manny Machado dealing with scar tissue in knee, increasingly unlikely for Opening Day 10
- Red Sox prospect gets arrested, acts like a monumental jackwagon (107)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (104)
- Keith Olbermann REALLY hates that Barry Bonds is coaching the Giants for a week (102)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (90)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (90)