Aug 30, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Gwen Knapp of the Chronicle tweeted a few minutes ago that the judge in the Barry Bonds case has set Bonds’ sentencing for December 16th. Knapp’s assumption — which sounds like a very reasonable one — is that he won’t do time but rather will get some sort of home confinement or probation or something.
I’d prefer to see community service of some sort. Have Bonds show up in a classroom to talk about drug use or something like that. Not because I think it will do him or society any favors, but because you just know it will make someone’s head explode to have a murderous, felonious, sociopathic criminal like Bonds in front of children.
Or, so the story will read.
- AL and NL Starters for the 2015 All-Star Game announced 54
- That time Manny Ramirez nearly became a Met 5
- Phillies acquire No. 1 international signing slot for 2015-2016 from the Diamondbacks 16
- Orioles activate Jonathan Schoop after 10-week absence 8
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 38
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 8
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 10
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 20
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)