Aug 30, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Gwen Knapp of the Chronicle tweeted a few minutes ago that the judge in the Barry Bonds case has set Bonds’ sentencing for December 16th. Knapp’s assumption — which sounds like a very reasonable one — is that he won’t do time but rather will get some sort of home confinement or probation or something.
I’d prefer to see community service of some sort. Have Bonds show up in a classroom to talk about drug use or something like that. Not because I think it will do him or society any favors, but because you just know it will make someone’s head explode to have a murderous, felonious, sociopathic criminal like Bonds in front of children.
Or, so the story will read.
- 2015 Preview: Cincinnati Reds 4
- The average Major League Baseball salary this year will be more than $4 million — a record 11
- 2015 Preview: Tampa Bay Rays 17
- The Cubs assign Kris Bryant and Addison Russell to the minors, option Javier Baez as well 70
- 2015 Preview: Arizona Diamondbacks 8
- 2015 Preview: Toronto Blue Jays 69
- Mariners prospect Victor Sanchez has died 26
- 2015 Preview: Chicago White Sox 15
- Ex-Cardinals outfielder Curt Ford was assaulted in St. Louis and told to “go back to Ferguson” (122)
- David Ortiz: “Nobody in MLB history has been tested for PEDs more than me” (118)
- The MLBPA releases a statement on Kris Bryant, mentions possible litigation (90)
- Rob Manfred says it would be hard to reinstate Pete Rose in a limited way (89)
- Did David Ortiz admit to more than he realized with his Players’ Tribune editorial? (88)