Aug 30, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Gwen Knapp of the Chronicle tweeted a few minutes ago that the judge in the Barry Bonds case has set Bonds’ sentencing for December 16th. Knapp’s assumption — which sounds like a very reasonable one — is that he won’t do time but rather will get some sort of home confinement or probation or something.
I’d prefer to see community service of some sort. Have Bonds show up in a classroom to talk about drug use or something like that. Not because I think it will do him or society any favors, but because you just know it will make someone’s head explode to have a murderous, felonious, sociopathic criminal like Bonds in front of children.
Or, so the story will read.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 48
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17