Aug 30, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Gwen Knapp of the Chronicle tweeted a few minutes ago that the judge in the Barry Bonds case has set Bonds’ sentencing for December 16th. Knapp’s assumption — which sounds like a very reasonable one — is that he won’t do time but rather will get some sort of home confinement or probation or something.
I’d prefer to see community service of some sort. Have Bonds show up in a classroom to talk about drug use or something like that. Not because I think it will do him or society any favors, but because you just know it will make someone’s head explode to have a murderous, felonious, sociopathic criminal like Bonds in front of children.
Or, so the story will read.
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)