Aug 30, 2011, 10:02 PM EDT
According to Joe Frisaro of MLB.com, the Marlins’ TV crew is saying that Ramirez left a minor league rehab game with High-A Jupiter tonight after feeling more discomfort in his left shoulder. He is headed back to Miami for further evaluation.
Ramirez, 27, has appeared in just 92 games this season, batting .243/.333/.379 with a .712 OPS over 385 plate appearances.
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 19
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 19
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 52
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- Steven Matz stellar on the mound — and at the plate — in his major league debut for the Mets 19
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (108)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- There was a super ump show in Chicago yesterday (75)