Aug 30, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
Drew has been out since mid-July with a shoulder injury and is already eligible to come off the disabled list, but Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that he’s unlikely to be activated until rosters expand on Thursday. However, once he does return Drew could see significant playing time given Josh Reddick‘s recent struggles.
Youkilis is eligible to return Friday and it sounds like he’s on track to do so. He’s been out since August 17 with back problems.
- Report: Two agents rumbled in the parking lot at the Winter Meetings 20
- Mets sign 40-year-old Bartolo Colon for two years, $20 million 38
- MLB rules committee decides to eliminate collisions at home plate 45
- Mariners sign Corey Hart to incentive-laden deal 27
- David Price would not consider an extension with the Mariners if he’s traded there 35
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Managers, GMs to meet today to discuss the abolition of home plate collisions (113)