Aug 30, 2011, 1:50 PM EST
Drew has been out since mid-July with a shoulder injury and is already eligible to come off the disabled list, but Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that he’s unlikely to be activated until rosters expand on Thursday. However, once he does return Drew could see significant playing time given Josh Reddick‘s recent struggles.
Youkilis is eligible to return Friday and it sounds like he’s on track to do so. He’s been out since August 17 with back problems.
- Merry Christmas from HBT! 56
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year 85
- The Yankees are treating Alex Rodriguez differently than they treated Derek Jeter. So what? 37
- Braves sign setup man Jason Grilli to two-year contract 14
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot 120
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 27
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 23
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 63
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- My Imaginary Hall of Fame Ballot (120)
- Today’s specious anti-Mike Piazza-for-the-Hall-Fame argument (96)
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” (85)
- THE YEAR IN REVIEW: HBT’s most commented-upon stories of the year (85)