Aug 30, 2011, 1:50 PM EDT
Drew has been out since mid-July with a shoulder injury and is already eligible to come off the disabled list, but Peter Abraham of the Boston Globe reports that he’s unlikely to be activated until rosters expand on Thursday. However, once he does return Drew could see significant playing time given Josh Reddick‘s recent struggles.
Youkilis is eligible to return Friday and it sounds like he’s on track to do so. He’s been out since August 17 with back problems.
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar 19
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 70
- Alex Gordon and the M-V-P chants 42
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. 216
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 63
- David Price surrenders nine consecutive hits to the Yankees in the worst start of his career 29
- Video: Jorge Soler homers in his first major league at-bat 31
- Adam Wainwright has a “dead arm” 44
- The Cubs grounds crew was short staffed because the Cubs were trying to avoid Obamacare (247)
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (216)
- Forgiveness for Pete Rose? Not in this lifetime (145)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (103)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)