Aug 30, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
“I’m not going to get moved,” Berkman said. ” I think the ship has sailed. I really do.
“I don’t want to be moved. I don’t think they want to move me. Obviously Mo has an obligation as the general manager to listen to any… But certainly I think both sides, myself and the Cardinals, we’re on the same page with this.”
Berkman is a free agent at season’s end and the Cards no longer have legitimate postseason aspirations, but St. Louis could make a strong bid to re-sign him for 2012 and he’ll almost certainly bring multiple draft picks if he leaves, there isn’t any momentum towards a deal.
The Rangers were believed to be the top and maybe the only suitor for Berkman.
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 99
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 2
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 132
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 37
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 32
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 98
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (132)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)