Aug 30, 2011, 7:05 PM EDT
“I’m not going to get moved,” Berkman said. ” I think the ship has sailed. I really do.
“I don’t want to be moved. I don’t think they want to move me. Obviously Mo has an obligation as the general manager to listen to any… But certainly I think both sides, myself and the Cardinals, we’re on the same page with this.”
Berkman is a free agent at season’s end and the Cards no longer have legitimate postseason aspirations, but St. Louis could make a strong bid to re-sign him for 2012 and he’ll almost certainly bring multiple draft picks if he leaves, there isn’t any momentum towards a deal.
The Rangers were believed to be the top and maybe the only suitor for Berkman.
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 3
- Video: Kris Bryant hits a grand slam as part of a two-homer, six-RBI night 6
- Stephen Strasburg exits start with tightness in left side 9
- In the wake of the Miguel Cabrera injury the Tigers have few good options 18
- Mets general manager Sandy Alderson says Terry Collins’ job is safe 11
- Calf injury sends Miguel Cabrera to the disabled list for the first time in his career 7
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 27
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 9
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (90)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)