Aug 30, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Pitching coach Carl Willis told 950-KJR in Seattle that Pineda is scheduled to start on September 3, September 10, and September 21.
For much of the season there’s been speculation about how the Mariners planned to limit the 22-year-old right-hander’s workload and three more starts would give him a total of 28 starts and around 170 innings for the season. Pineda’s previous career-high was 139 innings last year in the minors, so that would represent an increase of about 20 percent.
- Pineda and pine tar: baseball is, once again, sending mixed signals about cheating 11
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 19
- Clayton Kershaw cleared to begin rehab assignment on Friday at High-A Rancho Cucamonga 2
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 128
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 10
- Josh Lueke is a rapist. How often does that bear repeating? (200)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (183)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (169)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension (131)
- Chipper Jones chimed in on the Carlos Gomez incident (111)