Aug 30, 2011, 3:48 PM EDT
Pitching coach Carl Willis told 950-KJR in Seattle that Pineda is scheduled to start on September 3, September 10, and September 21.
For much of the season there’s been speculation about how the Mariners planned to limit the 22-year-old right-hander’s workload and three more starts would give him a total of 28 starts and around 170 innings for the season. Pineda’s previous career-high was 139 innings last year in the minors, so that would represent an increase of about 20 percent.
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- Manny Machado calls $519K salary for 2014 “disappointing” (88)
- Is Barry Bonds really getting a “fair hearing?” (88)
- Ryan Braun calls himself an “artist,” doesn’t care what fans on the road will shout at him (80)
- Giants players love having Barry Bonds at spring training (76)