Aug 30, 2011, 3:48 PM EST
Pitching coach Carl Willis told 950-KJR in Seattle that Pineda is scheduled to start on September 3, September 10, and September 21.
For much of the season there’s been speculation about how the Mariners planned to limit the 22-year-old right-hander’s workload and three more starts would give him a total of 28 starts and around 170 innings for the season. Pineda’s previous career-high was 139 innings last year in the minors, so that would represent an increase of about 20 percent.
- Matt Kemp remains “in play” for the Red Sox 45
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi 97
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran 125
- Mike Napoli agrees to two-year, $32 million deal with Red Sox 36
- Curtis Granderson leaves Yankees for Mets (and $60 million) 68
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (160)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (109)