Aug 30, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
And I mean in a hurry! And I’m sorry, but if this is me being a Philly-hater, so be it. Defend this video at your peril, Phillies fans.
And don’t go with “it was a product of the times.” Because in 1970s Philadelphia there were more top-flight artists and producers than there were anywhere in the country, churning out some of the sweetest damn soul music every put to slick vinyl. If one of their assistants’ assistants took 15 minutes out of his day he could have put together somethin’ better than this ersatz disco nightmare.
And to be clear: if some bad glittery country song singing the praises of the Braves of that era pops up, I will trash it with equal or greater gusto. This kind of media is what separates the shameless homers from the rational among us.
If you decide to click “play,” may God have mercy on your soul.
(Found over at NotGraphs by Dayn Perry, who is probably dead now for having searched for this and, presumably, having listened it to it more than once)
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 260
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 14
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 29
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 4
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 149
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 43
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 99
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (274)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (158)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)