Aug 30, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
And I mean in a hurry! And I’m sorry, but if this is me being a Philly-hater, so be it. Defend this video at your peril, Phillies fans.
And don’t go with “it was a product of the times.” Because in 1970s Philadelphia there were more top-flight artists and producers than there were anywhere in the country, churning out some of the sweetest damn soul music every put to slick vinyl. If one of their assistants’ assistants took 15 minutes out of his day he could have put together somethin’ better than this ersatz disco nightmare.
And to be clear: if some bad glittery country song singing the praises of the Braves of that era pops up, I will trash it with equal or greater gusto. This kind of media is what separates the shameless homers from the rational among us.
If you decide to click “play,” may God have mercy on your soul.
(Found over at NotGraphs by Dayn Perry, who is probably dead now for having searched for this and, presumably, having listened it to it more than once)
- Rangers designate Neftali Feliz for assignment, activate Matt Harrison 3
- Anibal Sanchez loses his bid for a no-hitter with one out in the eighth inning 11
- The Yankees, A-Rod resolve their dispute over the $6 million milestone bonus 28
- Yankees donate $150,000 to charity to get Alex Rodriguez his 3,000th hit ball 19
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno 87
- Settling the Scores: Thursday’s results 59
- Breaking: Cardinals fire their scouting director, likely due to the Astros hacking scandal 61
- Bryce Harper is naked in ESPN’s “Body Issue” 55
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- Mike Scioscia says Josh Hamilton should apologize to Angels owner Arte Moreno (87)
- What Yasiel Puig being a pain in the butt means. And what it doesn’t mean. (78)
- Report: Jerry Dipoto “definitely out” as Angels GM (77)
- Brian Dozier is the best second baseman in baseball (72)