Aug 30, 2011, 2:22 PM EDT
Beimel hasn’t pitched well this season, but posted an ERA below 4.00 every year from 2005 to 2010 and could be a potential fit as a second left-hander in a contender’s bullpen.
Pittsburgh ate the remainder of his $1.75 million contract, so now Beimel is available for a prorated share of the minimum salary.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 50
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 11
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)