Aug 30, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Remember that sore left side that was going to keep Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo out for a few days? Yeah, try a few weeks. That’s the word from Zack Meisel at MLB.com, who says that it’s a strained oblique that is going to require Choo to be on the shelf for at least two weeks.
Given that there are around four weeks left in the season and that, last night’s win and the Tigers’ loss notwithstanding, the Indians seem to be slowly falling out of the AL Central race, this may be it for the year for Choo.
A lost season in so many ways for the guy.
- Carlos Gomez diagnosed with sprained wrist 3
- Michael Wacha to start Thursday for the Cardinals 4
- We’re not going to pretend that Bo Porter had no idea what he was getting into, are we? 51
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 50
- The Cardinals have moved ahead of the Brewers for first place in the National League Central 37
- No-hitter! Four Phillies pitchers combine to blank the Braves 61
- Bo Porter fired by the Astros 56
- Settling the Score: Sunday’s results — and a reminder of what Labor Day is all about 48
- Could women play major league baseball? Sure. Right now, though, the deck is stacked against them. (221)
- Albert Pujols plays the “you never played the game!” card (104)
- Great Moments in Drug Testing and Punishment: The NFL Edition (101)
- Baseball is dying, you guys, because no one would recognize Mike Trout in a bar (76)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (75)