Aug 30, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Remember that sore left side that was going to keep Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo out for a few days? Yeah, try a few weeks. That’s the word from Zack Meisel at MLB.com, who says that it’s a strained oblique that is going to require Choo to be on the shelf for at least two weeks.
Given that there are around four weeks left in the season and that, last night’s win and the Tigers’ loss notwithstanding, the Indians seem to be slowly falling out of the AL Central race, this may be it for the year for Choo.
A lost season in so many ways for the guy.
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 0
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter passes Carl Yastrzemski for seventh on all-time hits list 23
- Ray Rice is awful, but let’s not pretend baseball has a great record on domestic violence 78
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 50
- Mariners’ interest in Matt Kemp is “very real” 29
- Astros players upset over Mark Appel’s promotion to Double-A, bullpen session in Houston 45
- Four theories about the Hall of Fame voting changes 24
- Troy Tulowitzki is visiting a sports hernia surgeon 10
- Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams (201)
- Verducci: baseball should think about an “illegal defense” rule to combat shifts (165)
- Yankees acquire Chase Headley from Padres (108)
- David Ortiz passes Carl Yastrzemski on the all-time home run list — is he a Hall of Famer? (92)
- Ten years ago today the Alex Rodriguez-Jason Varitek brawl changed the narrative of the Sox-Yankees rivalry (88)