Aug 30, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Remember that sore left side that was going to keep Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo out for a few days? Yeah, try a few weeks. That’s the word from Zack Meisel at MLB.com, who says that it’s a strained oblique that is going to require Choo to be on the shelf for at least two weeks.
Given that there are around four weeks left in the season and that, last night’s win and the Tigers’ loss notwithstanding, the Indians seem to be slowly falling out of the AL Central race, this may be it for the year for Choo.
A lost season in so many ways for the guy.
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 0
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 8
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 13
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 92
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)