Aug 30, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Remember that sore left side that was going to keep Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo out for a few days? Yeah, try a few weeks. That’s the word from Zack Meisel at MLB.com, who says that it’s a strained oblique that is going to require Choo to be on the shelf for at least two weeks.
Given that there are around four weeks left in the season and that, last night’s win and the Tigers’ loss notwithstanding, the Indians seem to be slowly falling out of the AL Central race, this may be it for the year for Choo.
A lost season in so many ways for the guy.
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects 61
- Alex Rodriguez celebrates 40th birthday with a home run 9
- Mets acquire Tyler Clippard from the Athletics 19
- Angels acquire Shane Victorino from Red Sox 25
- Happy 40th Birthday, A-Rod! 44
- Craig Biggio, John Smoltz, Randy Johnson and Pedro Martinez inducted into the Hall of Fame 41
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 49
- Mike Trout hits two homers, including a grand slam, to take MLB lead 13
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (156)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- MLBPAA announces “Heart and Hustle” award, given mostly to Americans and white guys (131)
- Colin Cowherd wonders how baseball can be considered “complicated” if Dominicans can understand it (129)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)