Aug 30, 2011, 10:00 AM EDT
Remember that sore left side that was going to keep Indians outfielder Shin-Soo Choo out for a few days? Yeah, try a few weeks. That’s the word from Zack Meisel at MLB.com, who says that it’s a strained oblique that is going to require Choo to be on the shelf for at least two weeks.
Given that there are around four weeks left in the season and that, last night’s win and the Tigers’ loss notwithstanding, the Indians seem to be slowly falling out of the AL Central race, this may be it for the year for Choo.
A lost season in so many ways for the guy.
- Phil Hughes could finish the season with the best K/BB ratio in MLB history 4
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 21
- Clayton Kershaw wins his 20th game of the season 10
- Why are so many people acting like Bryce Harper is a bum? 79
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned 89
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 72
- VIDEO: Derek Jeter hits first home run at Yankee Stadium this season 11
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife 103
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (108)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (89)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (83)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (82)