Aug 30, 2011, 3:15 PM EDT
Tim Lincecum made his 150th career start last night and lost to the Cubs, serving up three homers for the first time in five seasons.
Even after the Cubs took him deep three times Lincecum still has the lowest rate of homers per nine innings among all active pitchers with at least 150 career starts:
TIM LINCECUM 0.58 Chad Billingsley 0.66 Tim Hudson 0.72 Derek Lowe 0.72 Roy Halladay 0.74
On the flip side, here are the all-time leaders in allowing three or more homers in a game:
Jamie Moyer 31 Jack Morris 30 Robin Roberts 29 Jose Lima 26 Warren Spahn 24
And there’s a decent chance Jamie Moyer will add to his total before Lincecum serves up three homers for a second time.
- Report: Zack Wheeler expected to make 2-3 starts in minors before joining Mets 13
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 112
- Astros vendor brings snow cones into bathroom stall, gets fired 55
- Don Mattingly will still be the Dodgers’ manager on Friday 18
- Jake Westbrook feeling lingering discomfort in right elbow 8
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (117)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (113)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (80)
- Albert Pujols doesn’t matter anymore (74)
- Watch LIVE: Sharks-Kings, Game 5
- PHT: Wings push Hawks to brink of elimination
- PHT: Kreider keeps Rangers alive | Highlights
- PBT: Hibbert says Battier's knee to groin intentional
- OlyTalk: Lochte says Phelps will return soon
- CSN: Francona returns to Boston | Legacy?
- Posnanski: Hornets more than a name to Charlotte