Aug 30, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Got a press release this morning that will make frequent travelers happy:
Row 44, Inc., provider of the world’s leading In-Flight Broadband Entertainment Platform, is partnering with MLB Advanced Media, the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball, to deliver live streaming video and audio broadcasts, in-flight, to passengers’ smart phones, laptops, tablets and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
The good news: beers on a flight are, last I checked, still cheaper than beers in a ballpark. Bad news: I’m guessing the cost to access this feature will be greater than bleacher seats at the majority of the ballparks.
But hey, it beats watching some bad Sandra Bullock movie, doesn’t it?
- John Schuerholz defines “The Braves Way.” And it’s a pretty big pile of crap. 53
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 26
- Frank Wren fired as Braves GM, John Hart to take over on an interim basis 42
- AND DOWN THE STRETCH THEY COME! Sizing up the final week of the regular season 36
- Must-Click Link: Derek Jeter opens up. Seriously, he really does. 46
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 58
- Must-click link: Tommy Harper and the Red Sox’ racist past 58
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 34
- Geddy Lee’s baseball obsession makes it really hard for me to hate Rush (124)
- It certainly looks like Barry Bonds’ criminal conviction is going to be overturned (107)
- Ron Washington claims he resigned because he cheated on his wife (103)
- Giants CEO Larry Baer thinks advertisements on uniforms are coming soon (89)
- Umpire ejects jackwagon fan heckling Bryce Harper in Atlanta last night (85)