Aug 30, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Got a press release this morning that will make frequent travelers happy:
Row 44, Inc., provider of the world’s leading In-Flight Broadband Entertainment Platform, is partnering with MLB Advanced Media, the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball, to deliver live streaming video and audio broadcasts, in-flight, to passengers’ smart phones, laptops, tablets and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
The good news: beers on a flight are, last I checked, still cheaper than beers in a ballpark. Bad news: I’m guessing the cost to access this feature will be greater than bleacher seats at the majority of the ballparks.
But hey, it beats watching some bad Sandra Bullock movie, doesn’t it?
- Will Smith’s ejection once again shows baseball’s silly approach to foreign substance rules 30
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 35
- Who really owns a home run ball? 60
- The story behind the Nationals squirting chocolate syrup on each other after big wins 43
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 128
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” 128
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week 122
- Dodgers left-hander Hyun-Jin Ryu to have season-ending shoulder surgery 8
- Bryce Harper on Marvin Hudson ejection: “I don’t think 40,000 people came to watch him ump” (128)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (128)
- Bryce Harper ejected for second time in a week (122)
- GM Dan Jennings to be named the Marlins new manager. And it’s a terrible idea. (111)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (101)