Aug 30, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Got a press release this morning that will make frequent travelers happy:
Row 44, Inc., provider of the world’s leading In-Flight Broadband Entertainment Platform, is partnering with MLB Advanced Media, the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball, to deliver live streaming video and audio broadcasts, in-flight, to passengers’ smart phones, laptops, tablets and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
The good news: beers on a flight are, last I checked, still cheaper than beers in a ballpark. Bad news: I’m guessing the cost to access this feature will be greater than bleacher seats at the majority of the ballparks.
But hey, it beats watching some bad Sandra Bullock movie, doesn’t it?
- Blue Jays fan throws beer at Nate McLouth (122)
- MLB is putting players in camouflage uniforms on Memorial Day. Which is kinda weird. (118)
- Barry Bonds: Miguel Cabrera is the best … but not as good as me (116)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (112)
- Las Vegas police investigating Jose Canseco as a suspect in sexual assault case (81)
- Pacers even series with Heat
- Penguins bounce Senators | Highlights
- MST: Rosberg wins third straight pole in Monaco
- Tigers' Sanchez loses no-hitter in 9th vs. Twins
- PST: Report: Openly gay Rogers to play for Galaxy
- HBT: Granderson breaks pinky in Yanks' win
- PST: Bitter rivals Bayern, Dortmund collide in CL final