Aug 30, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Got a press release this morning that will make frequent travelers happy:
Row 44, Inc., provider of the world’s leading In-Flight Broadband Entertainment Platform, is partnering with MLB Advanced Media, the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball, to deliver live streaming video and audio broadcasts, in-flight, to passengers’ smart phones, laptops, tablets and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
The good news: beers on a flight are, last I checked, still cheaper than beers in a ballpark. Bad news: I’m guessing the cost to access this feature will be greater than bleacher seats at the majority of the ballparks.
But hey, it beats watching some bad Sandra Bullock movie, doesn’t it?
- Report: Rangers will pay Josh Hamilton less than $7 million; deal includes opt-out after two years 87
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 75
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 81
- Report: Angels, Rangers agree on Josh Hamilton trade 69
- Must-Click Link: Alex Rodriguzez: the slugger with a thousand faces 22
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 115
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected 155
- Bartolo Colon picks off a baserunner. By running him down all by himself. 55
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (155)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)
- Jose Bautista and the Orioles exchanged some words last night (117)
- Joe Buck has a truly awful suggestion about how to improve MLB broadcasts (116)