Aug 30, 2011, 12:25 PM EDT
Got a press release this morning that will make frequent travelers happy:
Row 44, Inc., provider of the world’s leading In-Flight Broadband Entertainment Platform, is partnering with MLB Advanced Media, the interactive media and Internet company of Major League Baseball, to deliver live streaming video and audio broadcasts, in-flight, to passengers’ smart phones, laptops, tablets and other Wi-Fi enabled devices.
The good news: beers on a flight are, last I checked, still cheaper than beers in a ballpark. Bad news: I’m guessing the cost to access this feature will be greater than bleacher seats at the majority of the ballparks.
But hey, it beats watching some bad Sandra Bullock movie, doesn’t it?
- 2015 MLB Trade Deadline Tracker 5
- Giants to acquire Mike Leake from Reds 14
- Astros acquire Carlos Gomez and Mike Fiers from Brewers 40
- Pirates bolster bullpen, pick up Joakim Soria from Tigers 11
- The extraordinarily odd, 13-player Dodgers-Marlins-Braves trade is done 62
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers 111
- Both the Phillies and the Rangers did well in the Cole Hamels trade 72
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies 106
- The MLBPA is considering withholding cooperation with ESPN, Fox over Colin Cowherd’s comments (157)
- The Cubs are in discussions with the Phillies on Cole Hamels (146)
- Major League Baseball rips Colin Cowherd in an official statement (123)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (111)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)