Aug 30, 2011, 10:30 AM EST
Last week the New York Post, citing Sandy Alderson, said that Johan Santana was unlikely to pitch in the majors this year. Today the New York Post, citing Sandy Alderson, said that it’s conceivable that Johan Santana would pitch in the majors this year.
I dunno. This is just one of those things I pass along. I at least know that, given the pattern, the “Johan Santana has a setback” is so likely a story in the next ten days that Vegas has taken it off the board.
Or it could be that Sandy Alderson really loves effin’ with the New York Post.
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 31
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 34
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 116
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 46
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Ernie Banks, one of baseball’s greatest players and greatest ambassadors has died at age 83 75
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (117)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)