Aug 30, 2011, 10:30 AM EDT
Last week the New York Post, citing Sandy Alderson, said that Johan Santana was unlikely to pitch in the majors this year. Today the New York Post, citing Sandy Alderson, said that it’s conceivable that Johan Santana would pitch in the majors this year.
I dunno. This is just one of those things I pass along. I at least know that, given the pattern, the “Johan Santana has a setback” is so likely a story in the next ten days that Vegas has taken it off the board.
Or it could be that Sandy Alderson really loves effin’ with the New York Post.
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 70
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 83
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 64
- Reminder: even though the trade deadline has passed, trades can still happen 13
- Settling the Scores: Saturday’s results 36
- Lucas Duda’s last eight hits have been home runs 11
- Report: Larry Lucchino stepping down as president and CEO of the Red Sox 32
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (205)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)