Aug 31, 2011, 5:46 PM EST
Beltre hasn’t played since mid-July, but was on the verge of returning on August 9 when he aggravated the injury while testing his hamstring running the bases.
He took some time off, restarted the rehab process, and has played two games at Triple-A without any problems.
Beltre, who’s in the first season of a five-year, $80 million contract, hit .276 with 20 homers and an .823 OPS in 100 games before the injury. Michael Young has been filling in for him at third base, but will move back into the designated hitter spot assuming Beltre isn’t limited defensively.
- Rockies acquire Brett Anderson from A’s 11
- D’backs, Angels, White Sox agree to three-team Mark Trumbo deal 62
- Ranking MLB managers by . . . handsomeness 74
- Curtis Granderson: “A lot of people have told me real New Yorkers are Mets fans” 60
- The Phillies have told teams they’d trade Cliff Lee and Cole Hamels 53
- Robinson Cano agrees to $240 million deal with Mariners (260)
- Report: Mariners willing to offer Robinson Cano a 10-year, $240 million deal (143)
- Report: Yankees have agreed to a three-year deal with Carlos Beltran (125)
- Brett Gardner is drawing “significant” trade interest (113)
- Robinson Cano “didn’t want to play” for Joe Girardi (110)