Because you need some Tim Lincecum-inspired fashion

Aug 31, 2011, 2:35 PM EDT

Lincecum cap

When I think Tim Lincecum, I think “sharp.”  So you can understand why I’m so stoked to shop at an online store featuring “the Time Lincecum Collection.”

I’ll admit, I sort of like the logo-looking one. I just have this feeling that all of these will wear much better in about ten years when he’s either Cooperstown bound or else a casualty of a mid-career nose-dive for reasons within or outside of his control. Sort of like how wearing a J.R. Richard t-shirt to a college party in 1992 would have been TIGHT.

1. FC - Aug 31, 2011 at 2:42 PM

I prefer looking at the Touch Alyssa Milano collection. Not least because she seems to be modeling every single piece of it.

2. madaozeki - Aug 31, 2011 at 2:45 PM

You might want to change that example, since JR Richard’s career was derailed by a blood clot and stroke.

3. littledill - Aug 31, 2011 at 2:48 PM

I prefer to dress and act like Ugeth Urbina off the field.

4. gogigantos - Aug 31, 2011 at 2:54 PM

J.R.Richard was something beyond fashion
    another planet was that man
    before Mike Scott scared the Mets so so bad that they had had had to win game six in ’86 and beat a tough Ryan, go extras in a great game simply cuz M. Scott was so so so sick,, there was J.R.Richard,,,,,,
    “I seen a fastballs and I seen rain
    but I aint seen nothing like that again”
    is that Joni Mitchell???
    That man was a train you couldn’t stop
    J.R. Richard is a legend of heavy heat,,, seen it, not a bit is not true, that man dealt fire and death,,,

• jimbo1949 - Aug 31, 2011 at 5:16 PM

is that Joni Mitchell???
      James Taylor

5. gogigantos - Aug 31, 2011 at 2:56 PM

Timmy is Timmy,
    may you all come to know and appreciate the cool cool kid who,,,
    well,,,,
    beat you all
    Tejajajajajajajajajajajaj
    i kno,,,, sucks to be me,,,, i kno

6. theonlynolan - Aug 31, 2011 at 2:58 PM

The Time Lincecum Collection is a series of pocket watches that double as miniature bongs. Very fashionable.

7. gogigantos - Aug 31, 2011 at 3:02 PM

Jesus
    J.R.Richard was the the THE heaviest thrower I ever ever saw
    sawed bats and scared cats comin out of the dugouts high and higher
    afraid
    not Nolan afraid
    or even Randy Johnson afraid later
    this dude messed with people in the batter’s box like a Gibson must have, and more,, this dude was AWESOME heavy and scary
    you could beat Nolan, and I saw the Giants beat Gooden in 84(?),,, lazy and not looking it up,, but man o man
    Frank Robinson managed those Giants that were simply destroyed by J.R.
    and I don’t think Frank much minded those days,, issues with other days for sure,,,,
    if you haven’t, didn’t, man,,, check the J.R. before stroke,, the dude was heavy heavy heavy

8. gogigantos - Aug 31, 2011 at 3:09 PM

’86 ‘Stos,, ’86 Mets,,, man that was some good good ball
    that series with the Angels wasn’t so bad either, unless you are Donnie Moore
    as heavy as Mike Scott was,, heavy,, J.R. was another planet

• clydeserra - Aug 31, 2011 at 4:07 PM

Are you writing on a smith corona or something? Ease up on the carriage return.

9. SmackSaw - Aug 31, 2011 at 3:10 PM

Lincecum should grow a Brian Wilson beard. That would be cool.

J.R. Richard was a monster

10. nategearhart - Aug 31, 2011 at 3:13 PM

Craig, if we don’t get an edit function, leave “Time Lincecum Collection” alone, please.

• theonlynolan - Aug 31, 2011 at 3:18 PM

Please, otherwise my silly joke above will lose what little meaning it actually has.

• Mr. Jason "El Bravo" Heyward - Aug 31, 2011 at 3:28 PM

Time, alas, was not on your side.

11. granted42 - Aug 31, 2011 at 3:27 PM

Craig, aren’t there some exciting roll playing possibilities with the wife were you to look more like Tim?

• cur68 - Aug 31, 2011 at 3:33 PM

If The Collection had a tuque-with-hair a la Tiny Tim in the picture above then Craig’s got a shot at the wife’s affections over Lil’ T. He’d have to get out of the Braves bathrobe, wear clothes, and switch to contacts, but the bubble pipe might play (kids like Tim LOVE the bubbles).

12. clydeserra - Aug 31, 2011 at 4:08 PM

So, MLB doesn’t get a piece of this because there is no MLB logo/tie in. If that is the case, good for you Tim, stick it to the MAN!

• cleverbob - Aug 31, 2011 at 7:02 PM

Someone would have to buy one before MLB could try to horn in on the action…

13. antlerclaws - Aug 31, 2011 at 4:37 PM

“Lincecum” sounds like an old Roman building, like the lyceum we had on the college campus. “Take him to the Lincecum and throw him to the lions.”

This was 'the perfect baseball game'
  1. S. Kazmir (5260)