Aug 31, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
Ramirez had been rehabbing and was thought to be ready to come off the disabled list on Friday. But he left a minor league rehab game last night after feeling more discomfort in his left shoulder. He was to undergo further evaluation today.
Whether that has already happened and surgery is being discussed or whether that’s just some unreliable buzz from the sewing circle is unclear, but either way there’s a very good chance that Ramirez’s season is over.
- Today is the Sox’ annual Patriot’s Day game. It’s more significant now than ever. 12
- Boswell: “Harper may be the Nats’ seventh-best player” 52
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 71
- Boston Marathon heroes remembered with pregame ceremony at Fenway Park 10
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple 180
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (249)
- Benches clear in Pittsburgh after the Brewers’ Carlos Gomez bat flips a third-inning triple (180)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (127)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (113)