Aug 31, 2011, 3:03 PM EDT
Ramirez had been rehabbing and was thought to be ready to come off the disabled list on Friday. But he left a minor league rehab game last night after feeling more discomfort in his left shoulder. He was to undergo further evaluation today.
Whether that has already happened and surgery is being discussed or whether that’s just some unreliable buzz from the sewing circle is unclear, but either way there’s a very good chance that Ramirez’s season is over.
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69