Aug 31, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Of course it’s the first day that rosters expand so it’s not like it’s some monumental decision. But at least he’s finally up. So much sturm und drang to get here too. Ultimately, though, it really doesn’t matter I suppose, as I can’t really see how the Yankees would have been substantially better off with him or that they were substantially worse off without him. If those things are different anyway. Not sure.
Anyway, Montero has improved as the summer has gone on, and he has been particularly hot in August, hitting eight home runs with a .974 OPS. He should find a decent amount of playing time at DH down the stretch.
- Gregg Zaun to Yordano Ventura: “stop writing checks with your mouth that your skinny ass can’t cash” 5
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 37
- Adrian Beltre needs just five innings for the third cycle of his career 16
- Mets blow out Marlins, move past Nationals for first place in NL East 26
- Yordano Ventura calls Jose Bautista a “nobody” and accuses him of stealing signs 73
- And That Happened: Sunday’s scores and highlights 88
- The benches cleared in Toronto, too 79
- The Reds’ and Pirates’ benches cleared after Brandon Phillips was hit with a pitch 65
- The benches cleared in Friday’s Giants-Rangers game (208)
- Blue Jays acquire David Price from the Tigers (113)
- Rangers land ace left-hander Cole Hamels from Phillies (106)
- Royals make another big move, get Ben Zobrist from A’s (95)
- Report: Rockies trade Troy Tulowitzki to Blue Jays for Jose Reyes and prospects (92)