Aug 31, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Of course it’s the first day that rosters expand so it’s not like it’s some monumental decision. But at least he’s finally up. So much sturm und drang to get here too. Ultimately, though, it really doesn’t matter I suppose, as I can’t really see how the Yankees would have been substantially better off with him or that they were substantially worse off without him. If those things are different anyway. Not sure.
Anyway, Montero has improved as the summer has gone on, and he has been particularly hot in August, hitting eight home runs with a .974 OPS. He should find a decent amount of playing time at DH down the stretch.
- The Nationals extend their winning streak to 10 games with another walk-off victory 7
- Garrett Richards out 6-9 months with torn patellar tendon 11
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. 88
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 81
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 28
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 46
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 33
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 72
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- A pitch clock in Major League Baseball? No thanks. (92)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (81)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)