Aug 31, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Of course it’s the first day that rosters expand so it’s not like it’s some monumental decision. But at least he’s finally up. So much sturm und drang to get here too. Ultimately, though, it really doesn’t matter I suppose, as I can’t really see how the Yankees would have been substantially better off with him or that they were substantially worse off without him. If those things are different anyway. Not sure.
Anyway, Montero has improved as the summer has gone on, and he has been particularly hot in August, hitting eight home runs with a .974 OPS. He should find a decent amount of playing time at DH down the stretch.
- Alex Rodriguez hits 659th career home run, now one shy of tying Willie Mays 15
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal 238
- Max Scherzer doubtful for next start due to thumb injury 3
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards 141
- It sure sounds like Adam Wainwright suffered a torn Achilles tendon on Saturday night 40
- Settling the Score: Saturday’s results 33
- Suspensions announced for Thursday’s brawl between the White Sox and Royals 78
- Pitchers batting is dumb and the DH should be universal (249)
- The early leaders in MLB’s “Franchise Four” thing have been announced (166)
- The Royals and White Sox had a benches-clearing fracas, five players ejected (156)
- Protesters converge on Oriole Park at Camden Yards (149)
- Kelvin Herrera gets a five-game suspension; Yordano Ventura fined (133)