Aug 31, 2011, 1:02 PM EST
Of course it’s the first day that rosters expand so it’s not like it’s some monumental decision. But at least he’s finally up. So much sturm und drang to get here too. Ultimately, though, it really doesn’t matter I suppose, as I can’t really see how the Yankees would have been substantially better off with him or that they were substantially worse off without him. If those things are different anyway. Not sure.
Anyway, Montero has improved as the summer has gone on, and he has been particularly hot in August, hitting eight home runs with a .974 OPS. He should find a decent amount of playing time at DH down the stretch.
- Yasmany Tomas signs a six-year, $68.5 million deal with the Diamondbacks 86
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap 162
- Red Sox announce four-year, $88 million deal with Hanley Ramirez, DFA Juan Francisco 35
- The Cubs have offered Jon Lester “north of $135 million” 68
- Pablo Sandoval’s deal: five years, $98 million plus an option 43
- Kyle Seager, Mariners close to $100 million extension 26
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot 286
- So what would the Red Sox look like with Hanley Ramirez and Pablo Sandoval? 49
- The 2015 Hall of Fame ballot is out — Randy Johnson, Pedro Martinez are new on the ballot (286)
- No, the Red Sox signing Pablo and Hanley is not proof that baseball needs a salary cap (162)
- More Hall of Fame ballots like Adam Rubin’s please (140)
- Report: Pablo Sandoval chose the Red Sox over the Giants because he felt disrespected (137)
- UPDATE: The Pablo Sandoval-Red Sox deal is done, pending a physical (133)