Aug 31, 2011, 1:02 PM EDT
Of course it’s the first day that rosters expand so it’s not like it’s some monumental decision. But at least he’s finally up. So much sturm und drang to get here too. Ultimately, though, it really doesn’t matter I suppose, as I can’t really see how the Yankees would have been substantially better off with him or that they were substantially worse off without him. If those things are different anyway. Not sure.
Anyway, Montero has improved as the summer has gone on, and he has been particularly hot in August, hitting eight home runs with a .974 OPS. He should find a decent amount of playing time at DH down the stretch.
- Jessica Mendoza to sit in for Curt Schilling on Sunday Night Baseball this week 32
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 77
- MLB “actively studying” fan safety; Phillies plan to expand netting at Citizens Bank Park 26
- Marlins might move in and lower the fences at Marlins Park 25
- Astros beat the suddenly skidding Yankees, top last year’s win total 30
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week 131
- Joe Girardi would like Carlos Gomez to “play the game right” 90
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 76
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (198)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (169)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (131)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (122)
- Let’s all argue about team chemistry again (118)