Aug 31, 2011, 8:49 AM EST
A big night for the young Mike Trout last night. He hit two homers and drove in five as the Angels destroyed the Mariners.
Perhaps it is less impressive given that the jacks came off Anthony Vasquez who, in his two major league starts, has given up twelve earned runs and four homers in nine and a third innings. But not that much less impressive. Trout just turned 20 three weeks ago, remember.
Since his recall on August 19th, Trout has four homers in 22 at bats and is hitting over .400. You have to wonder if, at some point, Mike Scioscia will start putting Trout in the lineup every day.
- The Yankees are going to try to get out of paying A-Rod his contract incentives 30
- How Commissioner Rob Manfred Can Make Baseball More Appealing 54
- Blue Jays cut off talks for Orioles executive Dan Duquette 41
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts 118
- Yankees reject A-Rod’s apology attempt 47
- Joe Posnanski: Remembering ‘Mr. Cub,’ Ernie Banks 17
- What they’re saying about the passing of Cubs legend Ernie Banks 7
- Alex Rodriguez recently met with incoming MLB commissioner Rob Manfred 15
- Bud Selig: The Greatest Commissioner in the History of Baseball (144)
- Max Scherzer’s seven-year deal with Nationals worth $210 million (119)
- Rob Manfred, new Major League Baseball commissioner, suggests ban on defensive shifts (118)
- Comments of the Day: some of you guys aren’t big Bud Selig fans (77)
- The 2015 Braves have “gravitas” and “veteran leadership” and will have dirty uniforms. Just kill me now. (76)