Aug 31, 2011, 8:49 AM EDT
A big night for the young Mike Trout last night. He hit two homers and drove in five as the Angels destroyed the Mariners.
Perhaps it is less impressive given that the jacks came off Anthony Vasquez who, in his two major league starts, has given up twelve earned runs and four homers in nine and a third innings. But not that much less impressive. Trout just turned 20 three weeks ago, remember.
Since his recall on August 19th, Trout has four homers in 22 at bats and is hitting over .400. You have to wonder if, at some point, Mike Scioscia will start putting Trout in the lineup every day.
- Rangers activate Josh Hamilton from disabled list, send prospect Joey Gallo to Triple-A 2
- Huston Street says he’d retire if he was used like a 1970s-style fireman 39
- CC Sabathia looks like a reliever 23
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights 55
- AL All-Star voting update: now “only” five Royals in the starting lineup 59
- Andy MacPhail introduced by the Phillies. And the first topic of conversation is sabermetrics 20
- What a world: Orioles are in first place and Ubaldo Jimenez has been their ace 16
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results 99
- With the same-sex marriage decision, the San Francisco Giants get another big win (275)
- Joe Maddon is the latest manager to rip instant replay. He’s got a point. (109)
- Settling the Scores: Sunday’s results (99)
- And That Happened: Monday’s scores and highlights (79)
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights (75)