Aug 31, 2011, 8:49 AM EDT
A big night for the young Mike Trout last night. He hit two homers and drove in five as the Angels destroyed the Mariners.
Perhaps it is less impressive given that the jacks came off Anthony Vasquez who, in his two major league starts, has given up twelve earned runs and four homers in nine and a third innings. But not that much less impressive. Trout just turned 20 three weeks ago, remember.
Since his recall on August 19th, Trout has four homers in 22 at bats and is hitting over .400. You have to wonder if, at some point, Mike Scioscia will start putting Trout in the lineup every day.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)