Aug 31, 2011, 8:49 AM EDT
A big night for the young Mike Trout last night. He hit two homers and drove in five as the Angels destroyed the Mariners.
Perhaps it is less impressive given that the jacks came off Anthony Vasquez who, in his two major league starts, has given up twelve earned runs and four homers in nine and a third innings. But not that much less impressive. Trout just turned 20 three weeks ago, remember.
Since his recall on August 19th, Trout has four homers in 22 at bats and is hitting over .400. You have to wonder if, at some point, Mike Scioscia will start putting Trout in the lineup every day.
- ESPN pulls Curt Schilling off broadcasts for rest of regular season and Wild Card game 11
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff 120
- And That Happened: Wednesday’s scores and highlights 72
- The Marlins are going to change everything except their biggest problem this offseason 53
- Drooling over Miguel Sano’s incredible numbers through 50 career games 35
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired 105
- Settling the Scores: Tuesday’s results 81
- Yankees reveal Mark Teixeira’s shin injury is “more than we thought” 16
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (266)
- David Ortiz is more likely to be boned in Hall of Fame voting for being a DH than for PED stuff (123)
- Matt Williams puts up another strong performance in his quest to get himself fired (105)
- Why Mike Mussina keeps getting hosed in the Hall of Fame voting (89)
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights (87)