Aug 31, 2011, 8:49 AM EDT
A big night for the young Mike Trout last night. He hit two homers and drove in five as the Angels destroyed the Mariners.
Perhaps it is less impressive given that the jacks came off Anthony Vasquez who, in his two major league starts, has given up twelve earned runs and four homers in nine and a third innings. But not that much less impressive. Trout just turned 20 three weeks ago, remember.
Since his recall on August 19th, Trout has four homers in 22 at bats and is hitting over .400. You have to wonder if, at some point, Mike Scioscia will start putting Trout in the lineup every day.
- Mike Trout hit his 100th career home run to become the youngest member of the 100 HR/100 SB club 7
- Make that two: Alex Rodriguez hits second homer of the night, giving him 658 for his career 24
- Alex Rodriguez hit his 657th career home run 43
- Let’s all just stare at Kris Bryant’s numbers for a while 27
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 39
- The wait is over: The Cubs are calling up top prospect Kris Bryant on Friday 99
- Carlos Gomez headed to disabled list with hamstring injury 11
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract 153
- The Commissioner’s Office thinks that the Angels could indeed go after Josh Hamilton under his contract (153)
- “Why Ted Cruz is like the Atlanta Braves” (150)
- “We no longer need the terrorists. We’re now so good at terrorizing ourselves.” (143)
- Another argument in favor of making the DH universal (127)
- When it comes to Josh Hamilton, Arte Moreno is a craven opportunist, not a “smart businessman” (116)