Aug 31, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
The headline to the post over at The Platoon Advantage today is “Attack of the Trout.” If this was Jeopardy!, I’d respond with “What are movies that are better than the second ‘Star Wars’ prequel?”
But this is not Jeopardy! — if I could recreate a game show here it would be Golden Era “Match Game” — and that’s not what the article is about. It’s about the precocious Mike Trout and the company he is beginning to keep with his offensive exploits at such a young age. Company that is both good — Mel Ott! — and not so good — Danny Murphy! Brian McCall!
Just another reminder that you can’t trust a 20-year-old to do anything. Be it something practical like showing up to work on time or something more specialized like serving as the receptacle for all of the exciting hopes and dreams we throw on young sluggers.
- Ryne Sandberg opines on baseball’s steroid era 19
- Watch David Wells’ perfect game from 15 years ago today 21
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 61
- Army Lt. Col. surprises daughter on ceremonial first pitch 34
- Bryce Harper in Nationals’ lineup for first time since crashing into right field wall 8
- Swimmer Phelps denies comeback rumors
- PHT: Crosby's hat trick powers Penguins past Senators
- PFT: Jets' Goodson gets five gun and drug charges
- PFT: Gronk taking pre-surgery rip through Vegas
- PFT: Seahawks' Irvin suspended for violating PED policy
- Orb favored to take Preakness, set up Triple try
- What to watch for at the Preakness