Aug 31, 2011, 12:33 PM EST
The headline to the post over at The Platoon Advantage today is “Attack of the Trout.” If this was Jeopardy!, I’d respond with “What are movies that are better than the second ‘Star Wars’ prequel?”
But this is not Jeopardy! — if I could recreate a game show here it would be Golden Era “Match Game” — and that’s not what the article is about. It’s about the precocious Mike Trout and the company he is beginning to keep with his offensive exploits at such a young age. Company that is both good — Mel Ott! — and not so good — Danny Murphy! Brian McCall!
Just another reminder that you can’t trust a 20-year-old to do anything. Be it something practical like showing up to work on time or something more specialized like serving as the receptacle for all of the exciting hopes and dreams we throw on young sluggers.
- MLB, NPB nearing new posting system agreement 7
- Report: Talks between the Mets and Curtis Granderson have “intensified” 31
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury 159
- Marlins sign free agent catcher Jarrod Saltalamacchia to three-year, $21 million contract 44
- Carlos Beltran likely to land with the Royals? 18
- Yankees agree to seven-year, $153M contract with free agent outfielder Jacoby Ellsbury (159)
- When will the Yankees regret the Jacoby Ellsbury contract? (92)
- Robinson Cano met with the Mariners in Seattle (81)
- Yankees’ Jacoby Ellsbury signing to pay big dividends… for now (79)
- Robinson Cano says he never asked for $300 million (70)