Aug 31, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
The headline to the post over at The Platoon Advantage today is “Attack of the Trout.” If this was Jeopardy!, I’d respond with “What are movies that are better than the second ‘Star Wars’ prequel?”
But this is not Jeopardy! — if I could recreate a game show here it would be Golden Era “Match Game” — and that’s not what the article is about. It’s about the precocious Mike Trout and the company he is beginning to keep with his offensive exploits at such a young age. Company that is both good — Mel Ott! — and not so good — Danny Murphy! Brian McCall!
Just another reminder that you can’t trust a 20-year-old to do anything. Be it something practical like showing up to work on time or something more specialized like serving as the receptacle for all of the exciting hopes and dreams we throw on young sluggers.
- Kris Medlen leaves game with right forearm strain 16
- Cardinals sign Cuban middle infielder Aledmys Diaz to a four-year major league contract 49
- Cardinals and Matt Carpenter agree to a six-year, $52 million extension 10
- Jet Blue Park is absolutely incredible 59
- Gary Nolan one of many careers saved by Dr. Frank Jobe 17
- Ian Kinsler hopes Rangers go 0-162, calls GM a “sleazeball” (132)
- Albert Pujols was insulted when someone asked him if he can put up Mike Trout numbers (103)
- The politics of “The Cardinal Way” (67)
- Brandon Phillips: “How the [expletive] am I declining?” (61)
- Reporter calls Ian Kinsler as self-absorbed as A-Rod (60)