Aug 31, 2011, 12:33 PM EDT
The headline to the post over at The Platoon Advantage today is “Attack of the Trout.” If this was Jeopardy!, I’d respond with “What are movies that are better than the second ‘Star Wars’ prequel?”
But this is not Jeopardy! — if I could recreate a game show here it would be Golden Era “Match Game” — and that’s not what the article is about. It’s about the precocious Mike Trout and the company he is beginning to keep with his offensive exploits at such a young age. Company that is both good — Mel Ott! — and not so good — Danny Murphy! Brian McCall!
Just another reminder that you can’t trust a 20-year-old to do anything. Be it something practical like showing up to work on time or something more specialized like serving as the receptacle for all of the exciting hopes and dreams we throw on young sluggers.
- Giancarlo Stanton sends the Marlins to victory with a walk-off grand slam 14
- Jason Bartlett will retire after 10 years in the big leagues 6
- Pirates acquire Ike Davis in a trade with the Mets 39
- And That Happened: Thursday’s scores and highlights 49
- VIDEO: The Yankees turned a triple play against the Rays 24
- Hank Aaron is getting vile racist hate mail in retaliation for pointing out that racism still exists (244)
- “They Don’t Know Henry” (167)
- Doug Glanville’s story about being racially profiled at his own home (125)
- There is still a racial divide in baseball (112)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (96)