Aug 31, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
Did you know you can walk into a ballpark in Amsterdam and buy a beer? And I don’t mean just like in no paper cup, I’m talking about a glass of beer. Which is a good thing if, as this translated-from-Dutch article is saying what I think it’s saying, the Netherlands wants to host some actual major league baseball games in 2014. Like, ones that count in the standings. And for that you’d totally need to have beer.
If this actually happens we’ll hear a lot of things about how much of a logistical nightmare it is. But really, if you do it with two east coast teams and give them days off on either side of the trip, I can’t imagine that it would be leaps and bounds worse than a west coast swing, can you?
Grow the game, babies. And make sure you have drug tests on either side of any trip to Amsterdam.
(link via BTF)
- Report: Red Sox make $95 million offer to Pablo Sandoval 72
- White Sox sign Adam LaRoche to two-year, $25 million deal 34
- Report: Red Sox offer Jon Lester six years, $110-120 million 72
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” 130
- A’s sign Billy Butler to three-year, $30 million contract 84
- Cardinals reportedly joining pursuit of Jon Lester 65
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. 148
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal 157
- Braves and Cardinals swap Jason Heyward and Shelby Miller in blockbuster deal (157)
- Giancarlo Stanton’s contract is backloaded. REALLY backloaded. (148)
- Blue Jays sign Russell Martin to five-year, $82 million deal (135)
- Report: “There is a 90 percent chance that Pablo Sandoval will sign with the Red Sox” (130)
- Sexual assualt charges reinstated against Tigers pitcher Evan Reed (128)