Aug 31, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Did you know you can walk into a ballpark in Amsterdam and buy a beer? And I don’t mean just like in no paper cup, I’m talking about a glass of beer. Which is a good thing if, as this translated-from-Dutch article is saying what I think it’s saying, the Netherlands wants to host some actual major league baseball games in 2014. Like, ones that count in the standings. And for that you’d totally need to have beer.
If this actually happens we’ll hear a lot of things about how much of a logistical nightmare it is. But really, if you do it with two east coast teams and give them days off on either side of the trip, I can’t imagine that it would be leaps and bounds worse than a west coast swing, can you?
Grow the game, babies. And make sure you have drug tests on either side of any trip to Amsterdam.
(link via BTF)
- Mets acquire Addison Reed from the Diamondbacks 0
- Vin Scully says 2016 will be his last season of broadcasting 9
- Edwin Encarnacion slugs three home runs as Blue Jays thrash Tigers 9
- Mark Teixeira says he’s having “serious pain” when he tries to run 13
- Settling the Score: Friday’s results 22
- Vin Scully will return in 2016 for his 67th season of broadcasting 43
- The Athletics have a travel-heavy 2016 schedule and unsuccessfully tried to have it altered 11
- Mariners fire general manager Jack Zduriencik 77
- Sarah Palin sticks up for Curt Schilling, tells ESPN to “stick to sports” (263)
- Dan Patrick: When does ESPN cut ties with Curt Schilling? (200)
- Curt Schilling taken off of Little League World Series duty for making a really bad tweet (170)
- Curt Schilling taken off of ESPN’s Sunday Night Baseball telecast this week (134)
- Phillies announcer calls Mets fans “obnoxious” (123)