Aug 31, 2011, 4:00 PM EST
Did you know you can walk into a ballpark in Amsterdam and buy a beer? And I don’t mean just like in no paper cup, I’m talking about a glass of beer. Which is a good thing if, as this translated-from-Dutch article is saying what I think it’s saying, the Netherlands wants to host some actual major league baseball games in 2014. Like, ones that count in the standings. And for that you’d totally need to have beer.
If this actually happens we’ll hear a lot of things about how much of a logistical nightmare it is. But really, if you do it with two east coast teams and give them days off on either side of the trip, I can’t imagine that it would be leaps and bounds worse than a west coast swing, can you?
Grow the game, babies. And make sure you have drug tests on either side of any trip to Amsterdam.
(link via BTF)
- Phil Hughes signs a three-year extension with the Twins 18
- The Padres have talked to the Phillies about Cole Hamels 21
- Why is John Smoltz a shoo-in for the Hall of Fame? 59
- Phillies GM told Ryan Howard they’d be better off “not with him but without him” 85
- Trea Turner’s agent is unhappy his client is in limbo after trade to Nationals 48
- Nexen Heroes accept Jung-Ho Kang posting fee from unidentified MLB team 37
- Giants acquire Casey McGehee from the Marlins 16
- The Padres have given their fans something to talk about. Which is badly needed in San Diego. 64
- Bud Selig will get a $6 million a year pension. Which is obscene. (145)
- The United States will seek to normalize relations with Cuba (144)
- Rays, Padres, Nationals agree to 11-player trade (97)
- Chase Headley signs a four-year deal with the Yankees worth at least $52 million. (95)
- St. Petersburg City Council votes down deal to allow Rays to look for new stadium site (90)