Aug 31, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Did you know you can walk into a ballpark in Amsterdam and buy a beer? And I don’t mean just like in no paper cup, I’m talking about a glass of beer. Which is a good thing if, as this translated-from-Dutch article is saying what I think it’s saying, the Netherlands wants to host some actual major league baseball games in 2014. Like, ones that count in the standings. And for that you’d totally need to have beer.
If this actually happens we’ll hear a lot of things about how much of a logistical nightmare it is. But really, if you do it with two east coast teams and give them days off on either side of the trip, I can’t imagine that it would be leaps and bounds worse than a west coast swing, can you?
Grow the game, babies. And make sure you have drug tests on either side of any trip to Amsterdam.
(link via BTF)
- Garrett Richards suffers ugly left knee injury 17
- Giants win protest, will complete rain-halted game at Wrigley Field on Thursday afternoon 30
- Royals might actually know what they are doing 27
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco 70
- Clown shoes in Chicago: the Cubs grounds crew couldn’t get the tarp on the field 58
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights 69
- Tony La Russa denies that Kirk Gibson’s job is safe 22
- Pirates activate Andrew McCutchen from the disabled list 2
- Mike Matheny addresses turmoil in Ferguson: “It’s a sad situation. It’s a tough situation for our city” (127)
- Here’s today’s dose of barfy Derek Jeter sentiment (82)
- Let’s speed up the pace of play. But let’s not be gimmicky about it. Let’s just enforce the rules. (74)
- Curt Schilling reveals that he was diagnosed with mouth cancer, blames smokeless tobacco (70)
- And That Happened: Tuesday’s scores and highlights (69)