Aug 31, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Did you know you can walk into a ballpark in Amsterdam and buy a beer? And I don’t mean just like in no paper cup, I’m talking about a glass of beer. Which is a good thing if, as this translated-from-Dutch article is saying what I think it’s saying, the Netherlands wants to host some actual major league baseball games in 2014. Like, ones that count in the standings. And for that you’d totally need to have beer.
If this actually happens we’ll hear a lot of things about how much of a logistical nightmare it is. But really, if you do it with two east coast teams and give them days off on either side of the trip, I can’t imagine that it would be leaps and bounds worse than a west coast swing, can you?
Grow the game, babies. And make sure you have drug tests on either side of any trip to Amsterdam.
(link via BTF)
- Tony Cingrani hits Bryce Harper in the back with a pitch, then complains he was too slow getting to first base 6
- Video: Josh Hamilton hits his first home run of the season 15
- Rockies starter Chad Bettis loses his no-hitter in the eighth inning 1
- Stephen Strasburg exits start in the second inning with an apparent injury 4
- More than half of polled baseball fans prefer having the pitcher hit 57
- The Marlins aren’t happy with the Dan Jennings hire 42
- Andrew McCutchen is doing just fine now, thank you 20
- The schedule: if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it 69