Aug 31, 2011, 4:00 PM EDT
Did you know you can walk into a ballpark in Amsterdam and buy a beer? And I don’t mean just like in no paper cup, I’m talking about a glass of beer. Which is a good thing if, as this translated-from-Dutch article is saying what I think it’s saying, the Netherlands wants to host some actual major league baseball games in 2014. Like, ones that count in the standings. And for that you’d totally need to have beer.
If this actually happens we’ll hear a lot of things about how much of a logistical nightmare it is. But really, if you do it with two east coast teams and give them days off on either side of the trip, I can’t imagine that it would be leaps and bounds worse than a west coast swing, can you?
Grow the game, babies. And make sure you have drug tests on either side of any trip to Amsterdam.
(link via BTF)
- Michael Pineda ejected in second inning for pine tar on neck, facing a 10-game suspension 1
- Mark Trumbo diagnosed with stress fracture in foot 5
- Josh Johnson needs a second Tommy John surgery 18
- Sammy Sosa wasn’t invited to Wrigley Field’s 100th birthday 41
- Wrigley Field — the most human park in baseball — turns 100-years-old 22